matthew

BIG TIRES

hey there fellow honda owners im looking for a gear reduction  for my 2002  honda 450s. does anyone have any good solid suggestions i just bought some 29.5 assinators? 

Welcome to the forums , they like when you go to the introduction section and post a hello , so the welcoming party can do their thing and give you a warm welcome , LOL ....

I have  two 450s with reduction in them , I have a 2002FM that has 14.5% reduction( the S and the FM is  the same thing   , except the FM came with a electric select front diff where the S is full time 4WD ) ,14.5%  is an easy to  install , cheaper and easy to find and buy reduction , it is the TRX300 Fourtrax primary gear  and the 300 clutch basket which both dropped right in , running 27s on it ------- my other 450 is a 2000S , it has 34.5 reduction in it , which is a TRX300EX clutch basket gear  mounted onto the 450 clutch basket in place of the 450 clutch basket gear and I have a primary gear that was made by Reduction Boss , their gear is a one piece gear machine to what is needed , where all the other builders take two primaries , cut and weld them together , Reduction Boss is the best reduction builder to me ,  the 34.5%  reduction requires you to grind the inside of the case along the top and side to make it fit --- and it takes  a good bit of grinding for the 34.5 to fit  , which you have to be careful to not grind thru the case as the case is going to be thin when you are finished , I have 29.5 Outlaws on this one ------the 450 to me is a low geared bike to start with , so you can get by with a 14.5% and run 29.5s -----  top speed on the 34.5 is only 19mph , but  it is a beast and they way I would go ---- lets see a pic of your bike , love me some pics , LOL 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1