shwagy357

Centrifugal Clutch Wear

1995 TRX300 4x4

On my way to replace the timing chain, I notice the centrifugal clutch looks alittle odd.  Please see the pictures.  Should I replace the centrigugal clutches.  The clutch seems to be working fine.  The clutch passes the spin test when I turn it by hand and there does not appear to be deep grooves in the housing. 

Also the secondary clutch stake on nut does not have any more material left to act as a stake, would it be real bad to reuse the nut with a little lock tite, instead of buying a new nut?  I don't mind buying a new nut but it just seems like partzilla takes Foooooorever to ship parts these days!

clutch 1.jpeg

clutch 2.jpeg

clutch 3.jpeg

Edited by shwagy357

Clutch plates look like they have been getting hot. Which would indicate it was slipping. But i know very little about utility quads. My main reason for this reply is i use rockymountain atv/mc for oem parts. They ship out things super fast. I usually get my parts next day or a few days at most. Could be my location being close to them? But you wont wait for things to ship out. Just for the postal service to get them to you. I personally wouldnt install a staked nut without the stake lip. Scary thought. I generally put loctite on them and stake them for good measure. My .02

didn't you already post these pics somewhere else on the site ?, and i said replace them. for the record, all trx300fw's use the same clutch parts from 1988-2000 :-).