jeepwm69

Fuel tank sending units Rincon/ Rubicon/ Foreman

The Rincons, 05-14 Rubicons, and 05-11 Foremans all use the same sending units for the gas gauge.

When you buy old junk bikes like I do that have been sitting for long periods of time, the fuel gauge sending units are usually bad.  New ones used to be $30 or so, now they're pushing $60.

There is a little grey block that has "fingers" that swipe a circuit board depending on the level of the float.  These "fingers" usually corrode and fall off, and that's when your sending unit is no longer any good.

I was nosing around and came across this  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fuel-Gas-Float-Tank-Sensor-Sending-Unit-For-4-Stroke-GY6-50CC-250CC-Scooter/362944067419?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Cheap chinese sending unit.  It's NOT a bolt on replacment, but I ordered one and the little grey block with the "fingers" seems to be the exact same part as the Honda sending unit.  I swapped the grey block onto a junked OEM sending unit over the weekend, and will try to get around to plugging it in and testing to see if it works one day this week.  If it does, we'll be able to fix all these old junk sending units without dropping $60 on new ones.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Well I finally needed my “rebuilt sending unit” and it works perfectly. 

Too bad you can’t just order the little block with the fingers on it, but $10 sure beats the $60 a new OEM sending unit costs now. 

Reads correctly at all settings.  

Already ordered a couple of spares to keep on hand.

• Like 4