hunter54

Wheel spacers

I just put 2 inch wheel spacers on my 2012 Rancher 420 ES 4x2 . The problem that I have is  when i use the lug nuts that came with the spacers is that they will only go on about half way on the wheel studs . Any help with this would be great , lug nuts are torqued at 48 lbs  . Thanks 

1 hour ago, hunter54 said:

I just put 2 inch wheel spacers on my 2012 Rancher 420 ES 4x2 . The problem that I have is  when i use the lug nuts that came with the spacers is that they will only go on about half way on the wheel studs . Any help with this would be great , lug nuts are torqued at 48 lbs  . Thanks 

tells me those spacers are too thick for those rims/hubs.

• Like 1

Hunter, Welcome to ATVHonda ... I have been bitten with that problem you are having myself --- can you do a pic of your spacer and lug nuts ?  -- I think a pic would help  to understand your problem better for me 

there are a few different designs of wheel spacers  out there , one is where the hole of the spacer is " Coined " , this is where the edge of the hole is beveled so a beveled edge on the lug mates with the edge of the hole and centers itself  , have seen two varieties of this set up , one where the hole in the spacer for the lug is way too big for the stud and the lug is what keeps it centered over that huge hole , these are terrible and have a tendency to loosen up  , then another way is some are coined but the hole for the lug is the size of the stud  and I find these are the best style , there is yet another style  where the lug nuts and the spacers' holes are not coined and have a flat washer built onto the nut 

You might need to get rid of that set of spacers and get another set , a pic would help to see what your working with ----

• Like 2