LedFTed

Linux, an other OS, operating systems

On 7/17/2023 at 11:48 PM, LedFTed said:

Well; i'm going to post this here 1st., before anywhere else. i finally got the words i need to ask this. i'm not looking for an e-mail client, but an e-mail server i think. i've had att.net mail, but they joined with yahoo, an are fairly much worthless to me, plus i got linux, and maybe its a useless task to find a decent mail server. at least i have to try though. so, i putting this forward for now, and see if i can get any replies..

Piece of cake Led! You'll need to purchase a domain name and a domain mail provider, which is the easiest way to provide private mail for yourself. Alternatively you could buy a domain name and rent a server and run your own email server -- but that is a lot more work and the big three, google, yahoo and microsoft will try to blacklist your mail server IPs constantly, in an effort to force you onto one of their platforms so they can steal/datamine your personal communications.

I recommend that you buy a domain name from Namecheap (cheap and they're a top-level dealer, not a reseller) and buy a domain email account from Mxroute

I can help you set those up by PM or email, or phone if you wish. Your cost would amount to about $35-$40 per year for both a domain and unlimited email accounts (POP3, SMTP and/or webmail options), which is a small price to pay for do-it-yourself privacy nowadays.

not by phone, by any means, (should have answered long ago, got tied up with life events).