RanchHand420

87 trx350d main power wire

The solid red wire going into the fuse box was spliced when i got it and the only way i can get power to the dash is by connecting it directly to the battery. Everything seems to work fine but obviously this is not right. Any ideas?

1578766882577-2059780750.jpg

Its suppose to have a main fuse in that line separate from the fuse panel. I'm guessing someone bypassed it. 

Sorry the lighting makes the picture hard to see. But you can see the red wire coming out of the white plastic connector that should go directly to the fuze box but instead it was cut and the only way i can figure out how to get power is to connect it to the battery 

11 minutes ago, toodeep said:

Its suppose to have a main fuse in that line separate from the fuse panel. I'm guessing someone bypassed it. 

So is there originally a positive cable going to the battery besides the one that connects to the starter silinoid? 

I'll look it up in a little. I cant remember if its powered off of the positive cable or the switch. 

There should be 2 red wires coming off of the positive cable.  One powers the ignition and the other the fuse panel. 

20200111_140201.jpg

• Like 3

Here’s a pic of a Fourtrax not Foreman fuse box sub harness and main harness.

you may want to shop are fleabay for those used components. I know the Foreman main harness and the fuse box setup and connections to the solenoid are different, so be sure to get your year correct—many sellers don’t know the diff.

See how mice chewed my wires were?

i bought a used fuse harness for $30, used main harness for $65, and the starter cable came with a $30 used starter.  

The chewed up harnesses you have could  be worth something even for scrap wire leads.

DDB226AA-B54B-441A-9AF4-9968EAD6B2AF.jpeg

9BF16D82-718D-42EA-8DD4-EA2CB924B5F6.jpeg

• Like 2

Thanks for the advice and the photo. It has been interesting ,to say the least, undoing all the redneck rigging this poor beat up old dog has been through.

• Like 1