BC-Buck

Need 10w-40 for Rubicon with Hondamatic

I have always used Mobil conventional every 100 hours. Was told needs oil for wet clutch application. Would like to be able to use oils readable available like at Walmart. Looks like Honda oil runs $9 qt times 6qt+ shipping= ouch. What do you guys use?

2 hours ago, BC-Buck said:

I have always used Mobil conventional every 100 hours. Was told needs oil for wet clutch application. Would like to be able to use oils readable available like at Walmart. Looks like Honda oil runs $9 qt times 6qt+ shipping= ouch. What do you guys use?

any oil brand you want to use ?...BUT IT MUST BE WET CLUTCH APPROVED ENGINE OIL !!!!!.

• Like 1

Look for JASO MA on the bottle. 

I use Rotella T6 5W40 in all of my machines including a Hondamatic Rubicon.  I'd run that in your Rubicon.  Good full syn oil that is wet clutch approved.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Look for JASO MA on the bottle. 

I use Rotella T6 5W40 in all of my machines including a Hondamatic Rubicon.  I'd run that in your Rubicon.  Good full syn oil that is wet clutch approved.

Do you think that 5W is a problem during your hot summer months.

17 hours ago, BC-Buck said:

Do you think that 5W is a problem during your hot summer months.

Not at all.  I'm in the Arkansas Delta.  We run ours hard in 100 degree weather with high humidity.

The fan on my Rubicon actually doesn't come on as often after switching to the T6.  Prior to that I've run regular Rotella T4 (15W40) and 10W40 Valvoline ATV oil.

• Like 1