slf1

450 es foreman cooling fan not working

I put a new control box on pulled wire off of sensor grounded it and still no fan. disconnected wires at fan motor run battery to fan still no fan. checked wires from box to fan connecters no power. any indies 

If you ran power and ground directly to the fan and it didn't come on your fan is bad.

The hot wire to the fan should always be hot (with the key on).  The fan control unit grounds the fan motor to turn it on, getting input from the temp sensor on the bottom of the motor.

• Like 3

update made a set of jumper wires with the bullet connecters. Plug into fan wires fan runs. Not getting hot wire when key is on at bike connecters. Where does the hot wire come from ? I also put old fan box back on red light didnt come on.

• Like 1

Hi , welcome to the forum , section 23 of this manual download with show you where the power comes from off the fan control unit , picture is worth a thousand words --- being I would guess the fan control is bad and they cost right at $200 , I would either try for a used one from like Power Sports Nation  , or  install a fan controller for a auto  off like Summit Racing , they use to be about $50 ( bet they are more now days ) or   install a toggle switch 

Here is a link to the service manual wiring diagram is section 23 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15eWwngQ5SdlsIfbgpm5ZJWJYBYx3vJ7s

Thanks for the info look at them in a minute. wish this was as easy as the log splitter I just got running.

58 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Hi , welcome to the forum , section 23 of this manual download with show you where the power comes from off the fan control unit , picture is worth a thousand words --- being I would guess the fan control is bad and they cost right at $200 , I would either try for a used one from like Power Sports Nation  , or  install a fan controller for a auto  off like Summit Racing , they use to be about $50 ( bet they are more now days ) or   install a toggle switch 

Here is a link to the service manual wiring diagram is section 23 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15eWwngQ5SdlsIfbgpm5ZJWJYBYx3vJ7s

If his fan control unit is bad, he could always try @AKATV's receipe.  Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Drop FCU in there, plug up, for 7 minutes.

If it doesn't work, your FCU was already junk anyway.  If it does, you got a free fix.

• Like 4

Okay after putting new sensor on and fixing striped oil drain plug. Fan started working. Thank you for all your help. 

• Like 3