darrengee

Rancher display needs repair. AKATV

I have a 2002 Racher 350 ES with a display in need of repair.  I’m a new member, so I can send a message to AKATV until I show some activity.  Is this repairable?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yep I am going to get it squared away for him

(Member also PM'd me and we are working out details)

I have a 2000 rancher also that the screen lights up but is blank is this something that can be repaired 

IMG_6336.jpg

Edited by joerancher

Hi, welcome to the forum!

(let me know if this is 2 Wheel or four-wheel-drive, whether it is electric shift or foot shift)
Not sure if you need a repair to your screen as much as you might have a power issue to the circuit board, at least by this picture

You might want to lift that top cover and take a look at the circuit card and see if it has any water damage and then check your lower and upper plug connections to make sure you don’t have any burnt pins or water corrosion

Generally, when you see one like that power up with no defects on the screen, but no data, it means you either have a CPU failure on the circuitboard or you’re missing power on either your red/black wire or your brown/black wire

That is usually a result of corrosion down in the lower plug but I see it also sometimes if water got inside the speedometer case

The easiest way to check this would be to open up the upper speedometer case and then check the connections at the circuit board for the red/black wire using green is ground and black/black wire  using green is ground with key in “on” position

you should have battery voltage or close to it when you do the checks

you can also send me a picture once you get the top cover off with the display powered up, I might be able to see a little bit more about what you have going on

Edited by AKATV

Sure no problem. If you could let me know if it’s a two wheel or four wheel drive and also if it’s electric shift or foot shift.

OK, thanks 

Has this spirometer ever worked for you previously or is this machine new to you?

I bought it new in 2000 it stopped working a few years ago but I didn't bother looking into repairs because I wasn't able to use it now I have a need for it and when I put a new battery in this is what I found 

OK that’s good to know
Once you pull that top cover off let me know if you see any hint of data or images on the screen at all or you can send me a picture

If you do not, then your CPU is not powering up

either do to a component failure, or a power issue due to a wiring or plugs, etc.

Ok if you have any question or need any other information just let us know

Akatv.  Good eve.  How can I contact you?  I have a 2002 Honda rancher es two wheel drive that has a cracked and non functional display.  I would like to send it to you to see if you can repair it.  Thanks 

Welcome to the forum!

Post a few pictures so i can see what you have going on

AKATV

Thanks for the pictures. Unfortunately, Yeah, -not looking too good. Most of the ones that have the covers broken out like that have been filled with water and the circuit cards look like something that I’ve been on the Titanic. Remove your top cover, see what the circuit card looks like but most likely you’re going to need to purchase a whole new assembly. I can help you source parts if you need to do that. 

Thanks.  I will open it up tom. If not repairable, if you can give any advice on new purchase options.  I have not been able to find any used ones in the internet. 

New to the forum. I just purchased a 2001 Rancher 350 es 4x4. Pretty sure the display can be repaired. This AKATV guy seems pretty legit and seems to be helping a lot of people. I’ll send pics tomorrow of the display. Awesome group of guys on here from what I have read! 

• Like 1

My display can’t be repaired. I am looking for a new or used one that could be refurbished.  2002 Honda ranger ES

Post a picture of what you have going on
I can most likely source the parts for you to get you taken care of

If you want to contact me for repair, I’ll send my contact information to your message box

AKATV 

I have a big sun burnt spot covering my display for a 2000 rancher es 4 wheel drive.

It works. I just can't read it. Is there something I can do to fix it?

IMG_7735.jpg

Edited by Dr_Pharmer

AKATV, I have a similar problem with the meter on my 06 rancher 350 4x4 es(trx350fe) except, it appears that someone's failed attempt to stealing the bike or something and decided to beat the meter with a sledge hammer more than once. I realized this is a shot in the dark, and know it'd be better if I had pictures to show you and will post some as soon as my son gets it back but my son left the bike at a friend's house while doing some other work to it. I guess I was wanting to touch base with you and see what my options would be (if any). 

Thanks in advance, 

B.Rat.

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear about the vandalism 

Once I see what damages you have

we can take it from there

I will send my contact information to your message box as well 

AKATV