Wormy

1999 Honda Foreman Fan

I have noticed that the fan on my foreman is coming on quite a bit. I know it is hot here (Tennessee) but seems to be coming on relatively quick. First time i noticed it i was pulling a pull behind bush hog then yesterday my little girls were riding it and they got it to come on just putting around the land. When I had some work on it I had them change the thermostat oil sensor. I did however get it off amazon. Could that be it or should I be looking at something else? Or am I just paranoid? 

Maybe invest in  digital laser thermometer , not only it could  be helpful right now with troubleshooting your fan issues , they are nice for frying fish or deer lion  in oil or smoking meats 

I used the laser thermometer all the time when diagnosing engines , I could pin point exactly where the heat was coming from 

• Like 2

If it's anything like it is here (hotter than hades) right now, then yeah, your fan will come up much more quickly than usual. 

My air cooled fans rarely come on if the temps are below 65 or so, but when it's hot like it is now, they run fairly often.

Takes a bit when you first crank them up, but once they kick on the first time, they kick on and off pretty regularly when it's this hot outside.

Yeah it in the upper 90's and 100's here now. Just wanted to make sure that I wasn't going to mess it up. I keep a close watch on the red dash light also. 

Ahhh , the red dash temperature light , aka the "idiot light " , always wonder how it got that name 

2 hours ago, Wormy said:

Yeah it in the upper 90's and 100's here now. Just wanted to make sure that I wasn't going to mess it up. I keep a close watch on the red dash light also. 

My fans cut on and off frequently, but I've never had an overheat light come on  on any of my air cooled machines.

On 8/22/2023 at 10:30 AM, Wormy said:

You calling me an idiot? Ha!

Honestly wasn't thinking that way  , but I was never one to argue a person's personal beliefs , LOL 

Your from my area..... Don't expect them to cut you any slack.... Lol it's my fault too haha! 100 ? I think your thinking heat index but hey!! Hot is hot... Anything above 90 ... Most consider hot... To me has to be 100 plus....oh sheesh.... I posted about what temp that dummy  light triggers  some place... Ether here Or in the old dead forums... I'm like jeep never had those red over heat lights come on, but with one bike.... And that was the 80's model trx350 .... Both fan and light cme on... The light didnt stay on long the fan did BEST i can recall.... But ithink the fan came on 1st... And she WAS hot! You know kieth Whitley ? He (his blue 300 fwd) and i were tied to a big dead cow headed for the road for the dead wagon to pick it up... And she came on... That was the only time... Both bikes were in low clawing up the ground (low or super low) which ever 1st is...