Canuk500

Adding mileage to new meter

42 minutes ago, Canuk500 said:

Does any one know where I can send a new meter to add the proper mileage of a Honda ATV.

Hi , welcome to the forum ....  if any one here knows , it would be @AKATV , I just hailed jim for you 

• Thanks 1

Thanks Fish!

Hi Canuk500 , welcome to the forum!

Is yours a Canadian model reading KPH by chance?

Let me know year make and model as well

Thanks AKATV for the fast response. The meter is in KMS and the bike is a 2014 Honda 500 Foreman FM. Part # for meter is 37200-HR4-305

I just found out the meter will display in KMS and MPH, You go to odometer and just hold the button down for a few seconds to switch to your preference.   Part # for meter is 37200-HR4-305

I’ve never seen that before-

I wonder if that’s some thing that’s only available on the newer models?

What button are you holding down to cycle it between miles per hour and kilometers per hour?

Definitely nothing I have ever seen on the older foreman 450 and rancher 350

They are usually programmed one or the other, and labeled on the back

I only see the kilometers per hour on the non-US border models, i.e., Canada, Mexico, etc.

Let us know and maybe post a picture or a video That’s good to know, thanks 

-AKATV

Nice!-so just pressing that will cycle between kilometers per hour and miles per hour?

I see the picture you’re posting shows miles per hour now

Great thanks for letting us know.
I’m sure it will be helpful to members who don’t already know

So getting back to my problem, Is it possible to add miles to a new meter?. Or do i have to put on jack stands and spin to tire for a week. LOL

Unfortunately, the only Foreman 500 that I can program are the 2005 to 2011

As well as the Rancher 350 and Foreman 450

You might be able to find one with slightly higher mileage on eBay. It would be even cheaper than programming it.
The newer speedometer’s for the foreman 500 aren’t too expensive

If not, -hello jackstands…lol

Edited by AKATV

6 minutes ago, Canuk500 said:

So getting back to my problem, Is it possible to add miles to a new meter?. Or do i have to put on jack stands and spin to tire for a week. LOL

I am going to take a " guess " at that question , I would say all he could do was to copy the  milage off of another meter that has mileage on it and load those miles onto your ----  curious to see what the answer is 

Ok, Thanks for your time, I am going to do some research and figure out if i can  take the VS sensor out of the bike and simulate the impulse signals at a accelerated rate.

Is there something wrong with the speedometer that is on the machine right now that you have to replace it with a new one?

! just write down the miles on it now, and put the new meter on there to keep up with it. 

My buddy's Rincon had about 4K on it when he rolled it down a hill.  Had to get a new meter, now it shows around 1K miles on it.  It looks like it has 20K on it.  LOL

• Haha 1

Problem solved, With this tool and harness you can remove speed limiter. Which will increase your speedo to 180 MPH, follow the procedures in the manual and it will allow you to add 180 miles per hour with key on. When you reach the desired mileage on speedo, Turn key off. It will also allow you too calibrate your speedo to compensate for larger tires. Healtech SpeedoHealer V4.0 Control Unit Offroad and Healtech SpeedoHealer V4.0 Harness Only Offroad

healtech-speedohealer-v40-control-unit-offroad.jpg

Good information!

If you could post a picture of a Rancher 350 speedometer going 180 miles an hour, I know some people that could have some fun with that!

unfortunately, miles would be correct, but the hours would not

Might cause some people to question if data was corrupt, when they see 1800 miles in 10 hours or 3600 miles in only 20 hours That’s some serious sore-bum trail riding 😀

But in the end, if you’re only concerned with having the correct mileage, it’s a great solution.

Edited by AKATV

You can contact Healtec on their website and find out which years of Honda's this will work for. They cover multiple makes of bikes.