Procharger

2024 Rancher manual shift.

New member here. Just bought my daughter a 24 rancher 420. P/S manual shift. Needed one and the dealer was out of stock on the ES 4wd. This shifter seems to have the longest throw I have ever seen. Question is, is this shifter adjustable? Could I convert this to ES. I know you can buy the controller for the handlebars. That won’t be an issue. I found a shifter motor today for the ES. Would this be as simple as bolting the motor on and hooking up the switch? I would assume the wiring would be there already and the case have a mount location. 

1 hour ago, Procharger said:

Would this be as simple as bolting the motor on and hooking up the switch? I would assume the wiring would be there already and the case have a mount location.

No unfortunately, none of the above... If you want an ES model or a DCT model you'll have to trade in for one. Converting a manual shift to ES shift would be a massive project.

• Thanks 1

There are two lengths , this is the short one --- I love it 

They up to $44 now days on e-bay , I have built a couple of them 

image.png

MiOYTh9LQLq2Vovzc+necg.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/14/2023 at 7:18 PM, Procharger said:

New member here. Just bought my daughter a 24 rancher 420. P/S manual shift. Needed one and the dealer was out of stock on the ES 4wd. This shifter seems to have the longest throw I have ever seen. Question is, is this shifter adjustable? Could I convert this to ES. I know you can buy the controller for the handlebars. That won’t be an issue. I found a shifter motor today for the ES. Would this be as simple as bolting the motor on and hooking up the switch? I would assume the wiring would be there already and the case have a mount location. 

She'll learn to drive the footshift.  Both of my older daughters learned on a footshift, and were driving them by the time they were 10-12 (under close supervision).  The footshift is the best and most reliable of the Honda transmissions.  Let her learn it.  We need kids to be flexible and adapt instead of trying to change the world around them.

• Like 6

22 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

She'll learn to drive the footshift.  Both of my older daughters learned on a footshift, and were driving them by the time they were 10-12 (under close supervision).  The footshift is the best and most reliable of the Honda transmissions.  Let her learn it.  We need kids to be flexible and adapt instead of trying to change the world around them.

indeed ^^^^ !. my gf has never rode a atv in her whole life, i built this trx450fm for her ( she moved to tn now, it stayed with me to sell now..sigh ) anyway..it took a few short min's to teach her how to shift it, she did great in no time..although she was having issues with when to down shift ?..but got passed that really quick. it takes time..but deff easy once you learn how to shift them.

• Like 2