jeepwm69

No spark, 2013 500 Foreman ES (now not fixed again)

14 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

It was the ECU.  Got a used one from PSN today and it fired right up. 

Gotta get everything put back together and get it out of the yard. 

@jeepwm69 -- I like your way you doing things -- stick with it -- try and try -- ending up solving the problem. 

1 hour ago, Melatv said:

@jeepwm69 -- I like your way you doing things -- stick with it -- try and try -- ending up solving the problem. 

well it wasn’t going to fix itself!  Lol.

Thanks for all the time you and Retro spent advising.  We all hate to throw an ECU at a problem since you can’t test them, they’re $$$, and you can’t return them.

I’m just glad it’s fixed.

3 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

I’m just glad it’s fixed.

Me too! Glad ya had the cojones to make the call on the ECM 'cause I wasn't gonna. 

Took it for a spin and got 1/2 down the street and it started running like crap.  
i thought “Now what?” but it would smooth out with starter fluid, so I drained the tank and put some fresh gas in, and after feathering it for a few minutes it smoothed up and ran great.

Took the mini-me out on the farm, dug out a beaver dam to make her a “waterfall” and it did fine on that trip, so back to the owner tomorrow 

Thanks again for the input guys!

• Like 1

Awesome, happy for you..yea, meltav helped me take the ECM plunge with the green coil wire to ground test, amazing to think NON OEM can wreck such havoc, here's to many trails and memories 😊 

• Like 1