Grilled Cheese

2005 es rancher 350 shift button funky on downshift

have to push the es downshift button HARD only in reverse occasionally, or it does not shift. could this be a button issue? possibly dirty? anyone have any ideas?? thanks-

PS- battery is full.

Edited by Grilled Cheese
another thought

1 hour ago, Grilled Cheese said:

have to push the es downshift button HARD only in reverse occasionally, or it does not shift. could this be a button issue? possibly dirty? anyone have any ideas?? thanks-

PS- battery is full.

first thing you need to check: have a look at the reverse cable, make sure its adjusted right in order to pull the reverse lever back far enough. this lever is located on the very bottom, back end of engine. to adjust the cable, there is a 10mm jam nut on the reverse cable on left handle bars, it also has a longish 10mm long. loosen the jam nut, unscrew the long part, then  tighten the jam nut back up against the long screw. then see if your reverse goes into reverse any easier ?.

• Like 2

I appreciate that advice. I will try that;however, lately it's doing it from first to neutral occasionally. . It has been doing this on and off for a couple years but always only into reverse. Could the shifter control be funky maybe a cleaning? I found this for 20 bucks. Thank you all!!! I will update you shadetree this weekend and let you know if that worked.  Thanks shade!

Screenshot_20231106_211007_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Edited by Grilled Cheese
Because
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Grilled Cheese said:

I appreciate that advice. I will try that;however, lately it's doing it from first to neutral occasionally. . It has been doing this on and off for a couple years but always only into reverse. Could the shifter control be funky maybe a cleaning? I found this for 20 bucks. Thank you all!!! I will update you shadetree this weekend and let you know if that worked.  Thanks shade!

Screenshot_20231106_211007_Amazon Shopping.jpg

yvw..be warned !!..that ^^ is china made !..china parts an oem parts don't mix well..lol. wont answer this coming weekend..will be at the deer camp.

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum!

As shadetree said, you'll be sorry if you buy that china switch assembly. Aftermarket parts do not work on Hondas. The part number you're looking for is 35200-HN7-003. You can buy new or used but it's got to be a genuine Honda switch assembly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Grilled Cheese said:

Very good, appreciate all of your help. I'll steer clear of chinese parts. I love my honda and don't mind getting the proper parts👍

See if powersportsnation has one.   They stand behind their used parts, even if they aren't the cheapest most of the time.

• Like 2