morph0352@gmail.com

wiring harness cdi compatibility

Can anyone tell me what years are compatible for a Honda Fourtrax 300 4x4 wiring harness? I have a 96 and the wiring harness has 2 plugs for the cdi box and I believe the fan alert control module, The replacement harness I got only has 1 plug for the cdi. Do I need another harness or will this one work.  The CDI box a ordered fits the new harness with just the 1 plug.......Thanks guys.

Hi morph0352, Welcome to the forum!

Part number is 32100-HM5-670  is used on 94-97 model of Honda TRX300FW

Harness is part #12     https://www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/a/hon/5053dc61f870021c54bdb26d/wire-harness

Compatable years       https://www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/partsearch/honda?partsearch=32100-hm5-670   ( then click on "where used")

Hope it helps
-AKATV

Edited by AKATV

42 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Can anyone tell me what years are compatible for a Honda Fourtrax 300 4x4 wiring harness? I have a 96 and the wiring harness has 2 plugs for the cdi box and I believe the fan alert control module, The replacement harness I got only has 1 plug for the cdi. Do I need another harness or will this one work.  The CDI box a ordered fits the new harness with just the 1 plug.......Thanks guys.

Most likely that replacement harness is a 98-00 "3rd gen" that uses the same CDI as the 350 Rancher.

88-92.5 are "1st gen"

92.5-97 are "2nd gen"

So your 96 would have been a 2nd gen.  

If your wiring harness has a plug like this on the end, you can use a 350 Rancher CDI.

350 rancher CDI.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I think I have everthing right except the ignition switch wires. on the Harness the 4 are Pink, Pink/White, Red, Black. Coming from the Ignition the wires are Orange, Red/Black, Red, Black. I am not sure what color goes to what?

4 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Thanks for the reply. I think I have everthing right except the ignition switch wires. on the Harness the 4 are Pink, Pink/White, Red, Black. Coming from the Ignition the wires are Orange, Red/Black, Red, Black. I am not sure what color goes to what?

if you have the correct oem harness ?, and the ignition switch wires do not match ?, this tells me you have a china ignition switch, which are very prone to not matching because of copy rights issue.

• Like 2