Dennis

Front tire wear TRX500FPE

My front tires are almost worn smooth, rear not nearly as worn.  Do you find that is so on others.  Maybe due to that toe out which seems so different than with an automobile that has toe in, not toe out

toe out chart.pdf toe out.pdf

5 hours ago, Dennis said:

My front tires are almost worn smooth, rear not nearly as worn.  Do you find that is so on others.  Maybe due to that toe out which seems so different than with an automobile that has toe in, not toe out

toe out chart.pdf 370.19 kB · 0 downloads toe out.pdf 318.04 kB · 0 downloads

are you riding on pavement ?, this will ruin atv tires very fast. most atvs have either a toe in..or toe out ?, i run my tires straight on the front.

On 1/13/2024 at 3:41 AM, shadetree said:

are you riding on pavement ?, this will ruin atv tires very fast. most atvs have either a toe in..or toe out ?, i run my tires straight on the front.

Most of my riding is not pavement.  Setting for straight, no toe, in or out, makes sense to me.  Wonder why Honda specs toe out?  I will probably adjust for "straight"

They are usually toed out from the factory/ dealership as they are more stable that way.  Less likely to flip and get them sued.

They steer easier if you set alignment straight ahead, and tires will wear unevenly.  Just be aware it will be a bit less stable.