rich250rracer

2011 TRX500FPM no spark when hot.

46 minutes ago, shadetree said:

did you locate the diode in the wire harness ( i am not sure there is one ? ) if this diode is bad ?, you won't get power to the gear position switch.

Gear indicator on the dash indicates every gear, so I don’t think there is one.

@rich250rracer -- You are right -- there is nothing wrong with the gear position switch -- there is NO hot voltage on the gear position switch -- all 7 wires are grounded one at a time as you go through the gears.

5 hours ago, Melatv said:

@rich250rracer -- You are right -- there is nothing wrong with the gear position switch -- there is NO hot voltage on the gear position switch -- all 7 wires are grounded one at a time as you go through the gears.

well then, honda in their wisdom changed it , my luck..lol.

6 hours ago, rich250rracer said:

Gear indicator on the dash indicates every gear, so I don’t think there is one.

ok..according to mel ( you were right ! )..i'm bowing out of this.above my pay grade..lol. good luck !.

@rich250rracer, my laptop went down and I am now limping along on my backup/spare laptop. So until I get a new laptop up and running and get my data copied over I'll be out.... hopefully someone can help ya in the meantime. As for my situation it's gonna be a long haul, likely a month or longer. Wish ya the best!

I dropped two ECU’s and a voltage regulator in the mail earlier today. Hopefully you will have them by the end of the week to use testing