M_goerler

2003 honda rincon 650 fa pops and won't rev past half

Checked carb and cleaned but it back fires out carb and won't rev past half but idles great and easy to start any ideas?

I believe 2006 was the year carbs ended for those and fuel injection took over.... from what ive been reading the rubber diaphragm... might just be what the problem is... have you checked it for damage (pinched or ripped)  @Mac102004 thoughts ? 

• Like 1

Cam was my first thought after the carb checked out. 140 is a high number since they have and auto decompression. A common thing is the bearing holder on the rear of the camshaft will go bad and letthe cam move around. That changes valve clearances and usally just makes it a dog when trying to ride it (1/2 throttle is all i has). Worn cam lobes will also do about the same. If you pull the very top cover off you can pull the lifters and see the cam (that will let you know if the lobes are wearing down). If those look good loosen the camchain adjuster and see if you can move the cam with a small screwdriver.

• Like 3

I'll try that this weekend I'm going to check the coil and see if exhaust is clogged too  I'm stumped on this one now