shrek18

2001 foreman 450 crank, no start no spark

1 minute ago, Melatv said:

What is cause of the gouges on the fly wheel ? must be loose metal some where

i noticed that as well ?..that is why i asked him to check the flywheel to one-way starter clutch allen head bolts ?..something tells me that flywheel is loose, and hit the stator from seeing those marks !.

1 minute ago, shadetree said:

i noticed that as well ?..that is why i asked him to check the flywheel to one-way starter allen head bolts ?..something tells me that flywheel is loose, and hit the stator from seeing those marks !.

Which gouges  ?

So all 6 Allen's are tight. They didn't move with my battery impact. I do not see a key anywhere tho. I see the groove for it, but it looks like it spun 

20240331_192634.jpg

Also the pulse generator Allen's are tight as well

20240331_193029.jpg

16 minutes ago, shrek18 said:

Which gouges  ?

inside of the flywheel, magnet surface.

you in the states ?..gonna send you a pm, check your pm box.

11 minutes ago, shrek18 said:

So all 6 Allen's are tight. They didn't move with my battery impact. I do not see a key anywhere tho. I see the groove for it, but it looks like it spun 

20240331_192634.jpg

am i seeing a large gash in the inside of the flywheel ^^ ??..if so ?..wow !..lol.

22 minutes ago, shrek18 said:

20240331_192634.jpg

in this pic...right at 3 o'clock, and 1 o'clock, i see two chunks ripped open inside the flywheel !!. unless i am seeing things ?..this is a very huge problem with not getting spark at the sparkplug. also..if you sheered the flywheel key ?,means the flywheel is out of time, and looking at this damage on the inside of the flywheel ^^..tells me this is what happened.

Shade I think what you’re seeing are just enlarged  reflections of the top of the Allen head bolts in the shiny oil on the inside edge of the flywheel-  it looks like a gouge, but it’s just a reflection

-AKATV

49 minutes ago, AKATV said:

Shade I think what you’re seeing are just enlarged  reflections of the top of the Allen head bolts in the shiny oil on the inside edge of the flywheel-  it looks like a gouge, but it’s just a reflection

-AKATV

yep..we covered that over the phone..your are right.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

So the long awaited update is here. The Foreman is out of my shop and back on the farm. Thanks to the help of ol Mr RTV himself aka Shade tree 🤣, the machine is FIXED!!! It was a process and I had all but given up but Shade talked me off the ledge. I ended up taking that rear engine cover off and replaced the Ignition spark generator or the pick up coil inside the case. That was the part keeping us from getting spark. I did keep the CDI/ ICM I replaced on along with the new voltage regulator and coil. After some issues with the neutral switch and having to remove and install the rear cover (a total of 5 times...)🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️ I got the unit back together today and ran it. I let it idle for 10 min which it couldn't do prior and took it for a 1 mile ride with no issues. Im happy to say its all fixed up and its back to pushing feed for dairy cows. I want to say as a newbie to the site here, it was quite refreshing to talk to people who knew their stuff and pointed me in the right direction. I definitely look forward to being a member here and I greatly appreciate the help from Shade and the others!! Thanks again

20240404_172007.jpg

Edited by shrek18
Add pic
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, shrek18 said:

So the long awaited update is here. The Foreman is out of my shop and back on the farm. Thanks to the help of ol Mr RTV himself aka Shade tree 🤣, the machine is FIXED!!! It was a process and I had all but given up but Shade talked me off the ledge. I ended up taking that rear engine cover off and replaced the Ignition spark generator or the pick up coil inside the case. That was the part keeping us from getting spark. I did keep the CDI/ ICM I replaced on along with the new voltage regulator and coil. After some issues with the neutral switch and having to remove and install the rear cover (a total of 5 times...)🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️ I got the unit back together today and ran it. I let it idle for 10 min which it couldn't do prior and took it for a 1 mile ride with no issues. Im happy to say its all fixed up and its back to pushing feed for dairy cows. I want to say as a newbie to the site here, it was quite refreshing to talk to people who knew their stuff and pointed me in the right direction. I definitely look forward to being a member here and I greatly appreciate the help from Shade and the others!! Thanks again

20240404_172007.jpg

glad i could help you !!. yes..do stay around...we need more rtv folks ?!...right...rofl. on a side note: shrek18 here located me a craftsman air compressor ( really needed just the tank ) here in arkansas on marketplace, i got off fakebook awhile back, in order to use marketplace, you have to be a member of fakebook?, which i am not. had to drive to dardnelle,ar. to get it ?, but was well worth the 100 bucks !!, even ran too !..lol. a big thank you to shrek18 for saving me a ton on cash for not having to buy a new air compressor.

39 minutes ago, shadetree said:

glad i could help you !!. yes..do stay around...we need more rtv folks ?!...right...rofl. on a side note: shrek18 here located me a craftsman air compressor ( really needed just the tank ) here in arkansas on marketplace, i got off fakebook awhile back, in order to use marketplace, you have to be a member of fakebook?, which i am not. had to drive to dardnelle,ar. to get it ?, but was well worth the 100 bucks !!, even ran too !..lol. a big thank you to shrek18 for saving me a ton on cash for not having to buy a new air compressor.

For all.that you did I was glad I could help man. Not a problem at all !

• Like 1