BC-Buck

Should I replace my02 with 2023 Rubicon?

Have 2002 Rubicon with good Bighorns. Has 1800 hours on it and runs great and starts down to zero F. Background, 95% of time farm use. Seeding food plots, boom spraying with 25gallon tank on rack and pulling trailer with average weight of300LB. Other 5% is steep technical trails for fun. Work schedule is slowing to where I would like to do some ATV vacations. Maybe out west and ride high elevations and in the desert. I love this machine like a wife because it has never let me down in 22 years of hard use.

Guy has 2023 trx520 for sale.

Fuel injection could be nice for hi elevation and starting when below freezing. Farm use and trapping constant on off.

EPS power steering sounds great for spot spraying and being able to steer using one hand.

IRS has to be better than straight axel for going down and over big boulders for my 5% trail riding. The teeter tottering steep downhill obstacles adds the pucker effect. THE DOWNFALL of IRS is how would handle 200LB ATV spray tank on back rack.

Bike must have DCT automatic transmission because my 2002 has spoiled me not needing to shift while working.

Also having 20 more cc is always a plus and with fuel injection thinking more pep. 

Any input is appreciated and bro wants my 2002.

My 17 rides nicer with 200lbs on the back rack.

Mine is a foot shift though.

Got close to 10K on it now. 600+ hours.

15 hours ago, TBRider said:

My 17 rides nicer with 200lbs on the back rack.

Mine is a foot shift though.

Got close to 10K on it now. 600+ hours.

Does it ever give you a unlevel effect going over obstacles with 200lb on back. My 2002 can get front end light but safe on level ground with 200lb on back. Does your fell pretty safe on level ground? Thank for the input.

I had a 16 with ES, nice riding, but i would keep the old one until you were sure it was time to unload it.

23 hours ago, BC-Buck said:

Does it ever give you a unlevel effect going over obstacles with 200lb on back. My 2002 can get front end light but safe on level ground with 200lb on back. Does your fell pretty safe on level ground? Thank for the input.

It can get a bit light in the front end when climbing snowbanks loaded I've found. But I can travel faster on rough ground. Counter weight on the front rack helps. Power steering is great that way.

But any quad I've had or have are tippy when loaded climbing stuff. But weight on a bit of a slope I don't find bad.

Neighbor has a 2000 350 es and he loves running around on mine.

• Like 2