bigcountry78

Shop setup

Forgive me if this has been asked, but what’s everyone’s shop setup look like? Mine’s a hot mess right now, but I’ve recently picked up some bigger better toolboxes and a couple sets of organizers. I’m going to pull everything out, consolidate, clean out and reorganize. I’ve got two sets of shelves and a workbench to rearrange, plus the toolboxes. I’m just looking for some new ideas.

45 minutes ago, bigcountry78 said:

Forgive me if this has been asked, but what’s everyone’s shop setup look like? Mine’s a hot mess right now, but I’ve recently picked up some bigger better toolboxes and a couple sets of organizers. I’m going to pull everything out, consolidate, clean out and reorganize. I’ve got two sets of shelves and a workbench to rearrange, plus the toolboxes. I’m just looking for some new ideas.

haha..mines a mess right now...its got crap in all 4 corners..and whats in between..lol. i built my shop myself, and wired it myself. i can tell you this, when you build a shop like i did ?, make sure you allow plenty of work bench space !. i did..i figured in plenty, cuz i knew i would have atv parts every where !..rofl. i had a spot figured for everything i had going in mine. shop press, bench drill press, bench grinders, bench buffing wheel, place for my parts washer, place for my 10 inch table saw. then shelves for all my paint, lub sprays..everything has a place for it. even my air compressor has a spot just for it. my last purchase like you said ^^..is i had to buy another tool chest..i ran out of places to keep my tools..lol. i put double doors with a ramp at them, i can drive my kubota b2100 in it without any issues. on that note...MAKE SURE YOU LEAVE ENOUGH ROOM TO WALK ALL THE WAY AROUND YOUR WORK PROJECT !. ( yes..i did figure this in as well ). the loft in my shop, i can walk from end to end standing up, i can stash lots of spare parts ( they are golden parts ! ) up there that i never get rid of.

• Like 1

Mine looks like an episode of hoarders.  Can't find anything, one little path going through the middle, and it just keeps getting worse. 

I need a clean out BAD.

• Haha 2

I picked these up. I have the Big Mac box, the thin long organizers that stack as a set, and then three of the cube style organizers. I’ll finally have a place for all my nuts, bolts, washers, small parts. I’ve always just kept them in either coffee cans or plastic tubs, and finding bolts has always been a headache. Hopefully not anymore, though I’ll probably have to build shelves to hold the organizer. I think I’ve mentioned here before that I sort of inherited my wife’s grandfather’s big 6’ tall craftsman box setup. He passed away and the box got shoved into a storage trailer along with these boxes. I asked my father in law if I could use it and he agreed. Grandpa had tools, but no one else in the family has any interest in working on anything so they didn’t want the boxes either.

IMG_6677.jpeg

IMG_6678.jpeg

IMG_6680.jpeg

IMG_6679.jpeg

Edited by bigcountry78
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bigcountry78 said:

I picked these up. I have the Big Mac box, the thin long organizers that stack as a set, and then three of the cube style organizers. I’ll finally have a place for all my nuts, bolts, washers, small parts. I’ve always just kept them in either coffee cans or plastic tubs, and finding bolts has always been a headache. Hopefully not anymore, though I’ll probably have to build shelves to hold the organizer. I think I’ve mentioned here before that I sort of inherited my wife’s grandfather’s big 6’ tall craftsman box setup. He passed away and the box got shoved into a storage trailer along with these boxes. I asked my father in law if I could use it and he agreed. Grandpa had tools, but no one else in the family has any interest in working on anything so they didn’t want the boxes either.

IMG_6677.jpeg

IMG_6678.jpeg

IMG_6680.jpeg

IMG_6679.jpeg

i store all my bolts, nuts, washers in Folgers coffee cans..lol.

• Confused 1

You already had that Mac chest ? I had a truck driver friend ive mentioned him in here before (Gus) …. Had one looked just like that you have, has it got ball bearing sliding draws ? .. cause he told me he thought that was Macs Road chest model… spose to be a rare chest Mac offered.. built for repair trucks off road etc etc. 

7 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

You already had that Mac chest ? I had a truck driver friend ive mentioned him in here before (Gus) …. Had one looked just like that you have, has it got ball bearing sliding draws ? .. cause he told me he thought that was Macs Road chest model… spose to be a rare chest Mac offered.. built for repair trucks off road etc etc. 

No I didn’t, it was just given to me by my father in law. I’ll look and see if it has ball bearings, I know the drawers open very smoothly. Wonder if there’s a model number somewhere on it to confirm. I do know it’s a heavy joker, it’s almost too much for one man to move. 

Edited by bigcountry78