Bluezulu49

My old bike

This was my Triumph Tiger T110 made in 1954. The last bike I worked on before Turbo's TRX300FW. I owned it from 1973 to 2014. The black and white picture shows it in the period when I ran it from 1973 to 1977 and the colour picture was taken in October 2014, a month before it was sold.

I still have mixed feelings about this bike. It was great when it was running but was not very reliable. Having said that  it would do 60 mph in second gear and gave a tremendous feeling of power as even in the 1970s when it was 20 years old it would easily out accelerate any car.

Having lain in my garage from 1978 to 2014 I was "persuaded" to get rid of it and having sold it in the UK for three times more than I would have gotten for it here, I used the proceeds to buy a boat which I still have. 

cri905.jpeg

Offside copy 2.jpg

• Like 4

Thats a nice classic. Those old triumphs were right foot shift back the weren't they...

3 hours ago, TBRider said:

Thats a nice classic. Those old triumphs were right foot shift back the weren't they...

Thats right TBRider. Makes it difficult to transition to Hondas when your right foot automatically twitches to change gear even after 40 years.

I never got it up to its claimed top speed because after about 85 mph everything was vibrating. All of the nuts and bolts had at least to be loctited and the petrol tank bolts were drilled and cross wired, otherwise they just fell out after a few miles.

My first shooting dog used to go with me on that bike. I would put her in a rucksack with her head sticking out, place the bag on the tank rack and put the bag straps over my shoulders. That dog was the best passenger I ever had on the bike and would lean with me on the bends.

• Like 2

My friend had a few old bsa's 30 years ago, I'd bet they are still sitting in the barn at his parents. Along with a few cars and 2 old Willies. I had a hard time riding the bsa around the yard cause all our othe bikes and trikes were left.