R Wagner

Hondamatic Rebuild

I recently purchased a new project a 2007 Honda Rubicon to keep me busy. the seller told me there's issues with the clutch not working in high gear but you could drive it in low and reverse and also informed me that he put on a new cam and chain and the top end of the motor has been gone through that's why there's all the blue Ptex's.

I'm completely going through the motor and sub trans to make all the correct parts are there and I'm looking for someone that knows how to rebuild or service the Hondamatic or is that something I could do? I live in Minnesota

Thanks for reading

Welcome to ATVHonda.com ----  from what I have read on the Hondamatic , the bearings and parts that do go out are not available separate OEM or after market , so only option  is buy a new unit , they were going for $1,800 last year 

@Brian Bertram is one of two people I've heard of who can rebuild a Hondamatic, and not all will be rebuildable. 

I haven't seem him here lately, but last I talked to him he is still rebuilding them.  You might try sending him a message.

He is in the Minneapolis area.