jeepwm69

Got stuck with the little one today

Spent a couple of hours this afternoon out cutting some trees that had fallen across my roads and opened up trails a little bit. 

Came back to the house and was drenched in sweat, but decided I would take the little one out for a quick ride. Went out and looked at the Beaver dams and both of them have been rebuilt.  I picked it one of them for a few minutes and got water flowing, but didn’t fully open it up. Was worn out and figured there wasn’t any point late in the afternoon.

Rode around back in the woods for a few minutes, and then headed back towards the house. Decided I would make a run through the duck hole to see if it was dry enough to get in there with the tractor yet and Bush hog 

I broke the first rule of riding alone, which is not the first time I’ve done the same thing in the same spot more or less.  Always make sure you’re close enough to a tree to reach with your winch cable

Hit a hole and sank. Once you break the crust off of the top of this gumbo it’s peanut butter

Winch cable was too short to reach the closest tree, which was an almost a 90° angle from the right front of the four wheeler anyway.

Second pic shows how close I was to being able to reach with the winch cable

Then I remembered I put a tow strap in the little glove box.  That gave me a long enough pull to winch, but it was pulling the four wheeler straight sideways and going to roll it over on its right side.

Had to raise it up and down eight or ten (almost rolling it on its side) times while rocking it each time I lowered it to the ground until I finally got it out.

97430E31-16AC-4036-ADC2-B659B9C8D8E8.jpeg

1DC6949D-1DD0-4A4B-9140-115227343E39.jpeg

1A3A2823-6D7C-4233-85A9-7BAF81E42A78.jpeg

5B791472-FB1D-4A20-B98E-59EC23D71FCA.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

well..... it looks like she had a good time.... lol, she's just a cute as she can be.... i have to ask. what did the wife say ?

sounds like you were in more jams then a judge at a county fair. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Rode around back in the woods for a few minutes, and then headed back towards the house. Decided I would make a run through the duck hole to see if it was dry enough to get in there with the tractor yet and Bush hog

do you think it will ever be dry enough to drive that 2640 out there ? of corse once that water is drained down some.... you can use the rear axles as a winch if needed.... really would depend on how much of the axle is on the outside of the rear wheels. 

image.jpg

got to be a pleasure, though. women, are never amused. love the nose. what a trooper.

• Like 3

Pretty cute kid. Did that to my kids more than a few times.

• Like 4

pond clay, is useful. especially blue clay. mix it with apple cider vinegar, Epsom salts, an wrap it with cellophane, it reduces swelling,.. i dont expect ya to believe this, but is so.. take what i say with good stride. ya dont have to believe. just try it.

an old secret remedy. pita, to get the clay off.

• Like 2

i can't but laugh..... jeep..... sometimes i think you mess with her just to get her fired up..between you her, and how your father is about his things being used.... sure get a kick out of y'all... lol! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i can't but laugh..... jeep..... sometimes i think you mess with her just to get her fired up..between you her, and how your father is about his things being used.... sure get a kick out of y'all... lol! 

I mopped the floor and still had to sleep on the couch. 

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, LedFTed said:

pond clay, is useful. especially blue clay. mix it with apple cider vinegar, Epsom salts, an wrap it with cellophane, it reduces swelling,.. i dont expect ya to believe this, but is so.. take what i say with good stride. ya dont have to believe. just try it.

an old secret remedy. pita, to get the clay off.

Those old natural  remedies beat the side effects of a lot of “FDA approved” stuff.

Thanks for the tip. Will have to try that. This “gumbo” as we call it is definitely the blue clay you’re talking about

• Like 1

We have alot of that blue clay in my hunting shack area. Some places they drilled it is 150 thick, 95 feet right at my camp. Stuff will stain your tires. Sometimes it's so sticky it will load the tires up to the fender. Then all you can do is dig it out with a stick.

• Like 2

Nope. Like concrete when dry, can't hardly stand up in it when wet. When it's starting to dry out and gets sticky is when it's really bad. All finely pulverized rock from the glaciers.

• Like 1

oh okay.... we have a bog kind of like what jeep has ...... nothing much grows .... in it.... i got stuck in it not very long after i first got that 86trx 350.... about like jeep did in one of his pics.... i just had to test it..... sigh... and sure enough the top bike, and down i and the bike went..... just axle deep... i have to hand dig the critter out... lol ...i smelled like rotten eggs... afterwards.... i had to shower outside on the patio.... lol, but down south in giles county... there used to be a atv park... (closed now) had an area the local boys called gumbo alley... and the soil / mud was just as y'all descibed ... bluish in color... when it dried it took on a lighter color, and was like concrete, when wet... it clings to everything! 

• Like 3