Shannon1549

Pulling the trigger

Hey guys, about to purchase a 1995 honda 300 2x4. I'm paying $1000 for it and it's in mint  condition. Anything in particular I should look out for?

I also plan on doing all the preventative maintenance before I go on my 1st ride, besides a plug, oil, filter, and rear end oil, what else should be done? Thanks 

52 minutes ago, Shannon1549 said:

Hey guys, about to purchase a 1995 honda 300 2x4. I'm paying $1000 for it and it's in mint  condition. Anything in particular I should look out for?

I also plan on doing all the preventative maintenance before I go on my 1st ride, besides a plug, oil, filter, and rear end oil, what else should be done? Thanks 

Welcome to the forum , 300 are good atvs ----make sure you don't install that oil filter backwards , it is a common mistake -----   adjust the valves if it is noisey 

• Like 1

only advise I've got...get ready to really enjoy some ride time...the smaller bikes are so much fun....more like "riding" than "driving"

• Like 1

Agreed. My kids 300 I can sling it around and skate across the mud on it where I would sink on my 500

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Shannon1549 said:

I want to state that the seller was wrong. It's a 1992. But looks great and runs great for a 30 year old bike. Brought it home for $900

Good Deal --- A 1992 makes it a first generation , it is 2 1/2  inches longer at the front end wheel base , and for some strange reason , it is more desirable than a second gen , ask me how I know , I have both ---- only drawback is parts can be harder to find as some are specific to the gen 

• Thanks 1