Fishfiles

Classic / Hot Rods / Trucks

The  blue oval on the grill says Piece , I copied a good front grill pic , but it won't paste it , I can read it plain as day and it was looks about the same as the 1975 that I found ---  Think it is a Piece Pumper , so would think the carrier could still  be an International 

i believe your right fish, i just never seen one with a front clip like those, maybe a specail fire heavy duty rescue version...... i know the old late 70's GMC 2500 fire truck we had had been modified some..... heavy front bumper 4 speed stick with two pto units, one on the trans, the other on the transfer case heavy leaf spring front and back deep tread wide tires rear dif auto locking rear end, and a massive 

radiotor.... with a direct drive flex fan.... hydro boost breaks, but she was a gas burner 350 CID 4 bolt main manual locking hubs..... no a/c and a larg diameter single  exhaust pipe...... we had planned on purchasing it... to haul water for spreying crops , and hauling water to cattle during drought years (maybe call it a self powered  nurse tank) when mynders updated with newer bigger rigs....... but the old chief sent it to another fire department ....  Hickman county (i believe ?) this international looks just like my pops truck.... sept she was 2wd and had a flat bed (not a dump bed like out 80 chevy ton) she was baby blue..... you couldnt kick a dent in that truck.... they were made tough back then..... not like trucks nowa days...... i always liked international trucks..... but not there tractor line so much...... they were eh okay, but couldn't hold a candle to johndeere 20, 30, 40, and 50 series. 

image.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

hm..... interesting this critter has polished nickle ? I've never heard of anyone using polished nickle for customizing, the turbo model would be a silver 12v92 some called them a silver 92.... it was rare to find these big long engines in trucks, if you did,? most times they only came in conventional trucks (long nose, not cab  overs) also the 16v71 -16v92 for there size they didnt stack up against.... the cummins, or cat engines, but to me they will always be a classic, with a very distinctive.... design, and sound. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

hm..... interesting this critter has polished nickle ? I've never heard of anyone using polished nickle for customizing, the turbo model would be a silver 12v92 some called them a silver 92.... it was rare to find these big long engines in trucks, if you did,? most times they only came in conventional trucks (long nose, not cab  overs) also the 16v71 -16v92 for there size they didnt stack up against.... the cummins, or cat engines, but to me they will always be a classic, with a very distinctive.... design, and sound. 

12/71- 2 stroke 852 CCs , 4 speed automatic ,  over 1,000 foot pounds of torque --- Yep,  polished nickel , even the rear end housing is nickeled  

• Like 1

yeah  that polished nickel rear end looks great, is this like a chrome plating just plated with nickel ? the rear almost looks like a ford nine inch.... at quick glance, but when i looked back..... i believe it's bigger..... but I'm all in for a rear end with a pinion tail straddle bearing like the rear of the 300 has. 

On 3/31/2022 at 4:49 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

yeah  that polished nickel rear end looks great, is this like a chrome plating just plated with nickel ? the rear almost looks like a ford nine inch.... at quick glance, but when i looked back..... i believe it's bigger..... but I'm all in for a rear end with a pinion tail straddle bearing like the rear of the 300 has. 

Nickel plating is the same procedure as chrome plating as far as I know , just different chemicals ----t they mentioned  which rear end it was in the video , think it was out of a PeterBilt and it was narrowed and centered as the pumpkin would have been offset if not centered 

• Like 1

Hot Rod days coming to an end

My buddy came over in is Challenger / Demon this weekend , really fine car , I should have taken a few pics , but he was saying that the age of big engine cars is over and sure enough this morning I read in the news ,   biden administration said all new vehicles have to be minimum of 40 mpg by 2024 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

he has made such a fool of himself..... he's right up there with spotted al bore, on all this fake global warming and climate change, there's NO SUCH THING AS GLOBAL WARMING OR CLIMATE CHANGE, it seasonal spring summer fall and winter etc..... I'm so sick of the idiots...... trying to feed us lies.... all these so call experts..... know oohing at all, they just want to control us, and feed us BS, I'm sorry for going off the rails fish, but this mess burns me up, and anyone who believes this garbage just tells one thing, it's frightening how many idiot this country has in it....... i say more power to those who love big powerful cars trucks etc.... and they can take those electric bug cars and show them where the sun don't shine, because there not a chance in h--l I'll give up my gas / diesel burning equiptment! let um try..... cause it's not going to be too comfortable for them when i shove my big size 12 boot where there mommy used to shove the thermometer. 

Edit: if they had any brains at all they would dealing harshly with the one going street, and perscription drug problems...... you get busted once, maybe you live, twice ? put them in old sparky flip the switch, that will send a clear message!! 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

he has made such a fool of himself..... he's right up there with spotted al bore, on all this fake global warming and climate change, there's NO SUCH THING AS GLOBAL WARMING OR CLIMATE CHANGE, it seasonal spring summer fall and winter etc..... I'm so sick of the idiots...... trying to feed us lies.... all these so call experts..... know oohing at all, they just want to control us, and feed us BS, I'm sorry for going off the rails fish, but this mess burns me up, and anyone who believes this garbage just tells one thing, it's frightening how many idiot this country has in it....... i say more power to those who love big powerful cars trucks etc.... and they can take those electric bug cars and show them where the sun don't shine, because there not a chance in h--l I'll give up my gas / diesel burning equiptment! let um try..... cause it's not going to be too comfortable for them when i shove my big size 12 boot where there mommy used to shove the thermometer. 

Edit: if they had any brains at all they would dealing harshly with the one going street, and perscription drug problems...... you get busted once, maybe you live, twice ? put them in old sparky flip the switch, that will send a clear message!! 

I think climate change exists.....but I don't think man has much if anything at all to do with it.

Nature always wins.  The idea that mankind is causing everything that happens in our ecosystem shows just how egotistical mankind has become.  What caused all the previous hot/cold spells thousands and millions of years ago before mankind's industrial revolution?

Politicians push this as a way to pad their pockets.  Nothing more.  The sad thing is the sheep eat it up without thinking about it.  Remember in the 70's when they said we had another ice age coming?  Then it was "global warming"  Now it's "climate change".  They continue to change the narrative to act as if mankind is causing changes, but they can't even keep up with what changes are happening.  Their end goal never changes; control, fear, power, and money. 

• Like 3

i have to agree...... and you bring a great point NOT MAN MADE, what killed the dinosaurs ? weather for the most part, and this happened way before the man of age, and people blaming man kind is BS GOD designed our climate over time, and whos to dispute his works ???? I'm sure....those who do are playing a dangerous game.....

Nature always wins.

<<<<<< exactly, these idiots who think man kind has cause global warming, would good to realize nature can't be stopped or controled, and no i don't believe in cloud seeding, let Mother Nature do what she does best. 

From what i'm hearing on Jay Sekulow Live, looks like the house will go all Republican, so might be some stops on the crazy stuff.

• Like 3

I've had my soap box momment....... fish...... please pardon my disruption on your thread, your more then welcome to move my post where you wish...... when you posted about your friend, and what that idiot is pushing now something in me just snapped........ if it's okay with you ill be posting some classic coal rolling semis trucks here....... I'm going to sit back and have me some coffee, read and try and get to feeling better..... the stress on me  over the last couple weeks has been terrible. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I've had my soap box momment....... fish...... please pardon my disruption on your thread, your more then welcome to move my post where you wish...... when you posted about your friend, and what that idiot is pushing now something in me just snapped........ if it's okay with you ill be posting some classic coal rolling semis trucks here....... I'm going to sit back and have me some coffee, read and try and get to feeling better..... the stress on me  over the last couple weeks has been terrible. 

You should know how I feel about threads by now , the thread belongs to the site !!!!   post anything you want , it is not my thread --- I am glad the thread and the site is getting some action 

I wonder if they know the climate is going to change naturally for the worst  and are playing us like the  witch doctor played the ancient people with eclipse , unga bunga !!!! 

• Thanks 1

yeah i know what you have told me fish, i just had to,say it, by the way i love this thread !!

intresting question you posed, i doubt they have a clue..... and those type people frighten me, i mean really..... get this.... they (MTEARS) joke about this.... often.... they had one ham on there that wouldn't shut about man made global warning..... some how or another they banned h

im, and the FCC in conjunction with MTEARS snatched his ham license.... which he cannot get back, and that's what should have happened, even i got tired of hearing go on and on, about how people that didnt believe man caused global warming..... most likely didnt even have enough sence to come in out of the rain........ i maybe narrow minded in my thinking..... but people with little to no sence (brains) bother me, i don't want stupid people around me.... am i selfish ? maybe to a point....... but that's just me...I've delt with farm hands that just wanted to get done working, didnt matter what / how they destroyed equipment...... i gather you've seen this being a heavy equipment tech, and it cost us money which is exactly what these man made global warming people are going to do, cost  is money all of us in some way or form.... from those small tank toliots etc etc...... which are making people sick (fact) hm save water, yet doesn't matter if some of population gets sick.....