Fishfiles

Classic / Hot Rods / Trucks

15 hours ago, balljoints said:

Mines a 4l60e, she's been putting in work , after swapping that 1-2 piston and the shift solenoids last year it shifts so smooth again. Kinda want the Trans or motor to die then I can start the 6.0 LS swap lol

I thought the 94s still had the 700r4 in them?

My 83 with the 305 in it will be the one that get LS’d if either of the trucks gets an upgrade 

If the pan is shaped like Texas …. It’s a 400….and I’ve only seen those only in the (c<2wd and k<4wd 20<<chevy and 2500<<gmc) 3/4 and (c<2wd and k<4wd 30<<chevy and 3500<<gmc… the long wheel base k-10 we had , had a 350 auto and i think the half tons  c<<2wd and k<<4wd 10<<chevy and 1500<<gmc) used the 350 auto… 82 is when gm introduced the 700r and in 92 it was rebadged the 4L60…..my gramps purchase a 85 lwb 4wd with a 305 and a 700r …. I dont know how others felt about those at that time.. but round here they had all kinds of shifting issues (auto overdrive shifting) they would shift in and out of overdrive too much at around 45 mph…. If i recall correctly ?….. i like the old four speed with granny low.. and an added plus (4wb) was having that low range in the t-case with freewheeel manual locking front hubs = grunt pulling power … hauled a many load of square bails by myself using that setup…. lol!     

22 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

If the pan is shaped like Texas …. It’s a 400….and I’ve only seen those only in the (c<2wd and k<4wd 20<<chevy and 2500<<gmc) 3/4 and (c<2wd and k<4wd 30<<chevy and 3500<<gmc… the long wheel base k-10 we had , had a 350 auto and i think the half tons  c<<2wd and k<<4wd 10<<chevy and 1500<<gmc) used the 350 auto… 82 is when gm introduced the 700r and in 92 it was rebadged the 4L60…..my gramps purchase a 85 lwb 4wd with a 305 and a 700r …. I dont know how others felt about those at that time.. but round here they had all kinds of shifting issues (auto overdrive shifting) they would shift in and out of overdrive too much at around 45 mph…. If i recall correctly ?….. i like the old four speed with granny low.. and an added plus (4wb) was having that low range in the t-case with freewheeel manual locking front hubs = grunt pulling power … hauled a many load of square bails by myself using that setup…. lol!     

i like the SM465 transmission, I just wish the truck was 4wd

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yeah thats the one…. I dont think gm put that manual trans in too many 2wd pickups…. In my intire life there were only a hand full around here… one was a 75 Chevy 3/4 model…. It was a rare pickup had ac but wasn’t a custom deluxe model  thing was metal flake gold in color… and according to the original owner it was the factory paint… well it might have been… but all i heard was it was the 1st metal flake gold paint…. Most people around had ever seen… the other was more like what gm would do… it was a long axle duel wheel 2wd (cowboy caddy) blue over white…. And i dont think i ever saw one in a swb 2wd…. And the only swb 4x4 that had one was a metal flake green gmc …. Owned by the fire chief at one time… that one was a special order from gm….. i have that model trans over at the shop… i still dont know what I’ll do with it….. i was just thinking (haven’t checked) what it would be worth ?  

What’s up with the delayed action in this place ? 1st the chat room now the forums ? 

Edited by _Wilson_™

17 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Yeah thats the one…. I dont think gm put that manual trans in too many 2wd pickups…. In my intire life there were only a hand full around here… one was a 75 Chevy 3/4 model…. It was a rare pickup had ac but wasn’t a custom deluxe model  thing was metal flake gold in color… and according to the original owner it was the factory paint… well it might have been… but all i heard was it was the 1st metal flake gold paint…. Most people around had ever seen… the other was more like what gm would do… it was a long axle duel wheel 2wd (cowboy caddy) blue over white…. And i dont think i ever saw one in a swb 2wd…. And the only swb 4x4 that had one was a metal flake green gmc …. Owned by the fire chief at one time… that one was a special order from gm….. i have that model trans over at the shop… i still dont know what I’ll do with it….. i was just thinking (haven’t checked) what it would be worth ?  

What’s up with the delayed action in this place ? 1st the chat room now the forums ? 

There you go.  1/2 ton SWB 2wd.   High Sierra (same as a Scottsdale on the Chevy side).

Has a limited slip rear end, 305 with SM465, AC, and had an AM/FM radio which I swapped out for a Kenwood tape deck when I was younger.   Manual windows and locks, rubber floor mats, vinyl seat.   Pretty much a bare bones work truck with AC being the only luxury.

Truck only has about 40K on it, but has been outside since new, so has some surface rust on the roof, and some rust in the door sills.  Other than that the body is super straight with no rot other than the door sills, and that's from leaves/debris sitting wet while Dad parked it for 6-8 years under a tree.

truck.jpg

• Like 2

On 6/8/2024 at 11:31 AM, jeepwm69 said:

I thought the 94s still had the 700r4 in them?

My 83 with the 305 in it will be the one that get LS’d if either of the trucks gets an upgrade 

Mines definitely a 4l60e, early one maybe?