N8outdoors

1998 Foreman 400 tires

Hey everyone,

I’m looking to get some rubber for my quad, Stock is 24x8x11 front, 24x9x11 rear. I’m looking for advice on tire/wheel size. From what I’ve read it’s ok to go up an inch or 2 in height but is it ok to go up in rim size to say a 12”. Reason being is some guys are selling some with rims already mounted. 
       Thanks in advance! 
       N8

Edited by N8outdoors

no such tire as 24x19x11, there is a 24x9x11..but not 24x19x11, guessing..you mistyped it ?. you can run 25x8x12 front rims/tires, and for the rear, run 25x10x12 rims/tires. these are stock size rims/tires for all the trx450 foremans, they are the best in my book. also, when you go to 12 inch rims, you can put disk brakes on the front, bolt right on.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2022 at 6:50 PM, N8outdoors said:

Hey everyone,

I’m looking to get some rubber for my quad, Stock is 24x8x11 front, 24x9x11 rear. I’m looking for advice on tire/wheel size. From what I’ve read it’s ok to go up an inch or 2 in height but is it ok to go up in rim size to say a 12”. Reason being is some guys are selling some with rims already mounted. 
       Thanks in advance! 
       N8

If your suspension is showing it's age 25 tire height would be where I would stay. Upgrading to the 12 inch wheels gives many advantages in tire shopping and putting front disk brakes on if needed. 

TRX400 has pretty low clearance to begin with and not much clearance for taller tires. Factor in the age of the suspension—i left my work 98 400 on stock rubber. In fact i may take it out today!

Thanks for all the advice. I managed to find a guy with brand new take offs and tire chains of a foreman for $400. Pretty excited to bolt them on!