vicnation

Contact AKATV

The display on my 2002 Foreman 450 ES is out except for the lights at the top of the meter for reverse and neutral. The screen is also bad. The part number is 37200-HN0-771. This model has been discontinued. Is there anyone who can repair this?

Welcome to the forum!

You came to the right place for help,I can repair your meter

Post a few pictures, so I can see what up and I will send my contact information to your message box as well

I can tell a lot more if you remove that top cover-

Also. you can polish it up with one of the headlight polishing kits for $12-15 at Walmart and

you can make it look just like new, as far as clarity

Also, once I see the circuit card/LCD display under the top cover, that will be the only part I need sent to me

I do not need the harness, backplate or top cover for the repair

I sent you my contact information previously as well-shoot me a message

Check your message box again, I just resent

Thanks for the clear pictures  it is SUPER helpful

It is VERY rare for backlight to not work especially on the newer style LED back light boards

You might want to check for a loose pin  or corrosion at the 2 plugs on rear of circuit card as well as 

the main speedometer (grey) plug down under the front fender 

Edited by AKATV
  • Like 1

Can someone help me get into contact with @akatv to help me with a speedometer repair for a 2002 Honda foreman es 450 with the 4 lights across the top? My digital screen is sun damaged and can barely see the speed or what gear I'm in and also the plastic cover has many little light scratches that makes it hard to see also.

I am having another issue with my 2002 Honda 450 es that when I try to put the ATV in neutral so I can start the ATV but it won't go into neutral on the speedometer (no green light on) the ATV does shift into neutral physically because I can move the ATV around just but no N on display nor a green light on top, is there a neutral safety switch somewhere ? Any suggestions?

You have a gear position switch that’s on the back your motor that sends the signal for reverse and neutral to the speedometer I would have would check that they commonly go bad or are installed incorrectly the neutral light burns out also quite commonly but since you don’t have the neutral indicator either most likely your speedometer is not getting the grounding signal that it needs on the neutral line from the gear position switch

26 minutes ago, spellbound37042 said:

Can someone help me get into contact with @akatv to help me with a speedometer repair for a 2002 Honda foreman es 450 with the 4 lights across the top? My digital screen is sun damaged and can barely see the speed or what gear I'm in and also the plastic cover has many little light scratches that makes it hard to see also.

I can repair your sun damaged LCD display

if you’d like to repair your outer top cover scratches, you can get a automotive headlight polishing kit from Walmart for 10 or $15 and with a little bit elbow grease  you can make it look like brand-new again I’ll send my contact information to your message box

Hi! New to the forum. I replaced my speedometer with a brand new oem one last year. Now after diagnosing it the new display is draining my battery. Have you heard of this before and is this repairable? Thanks

What is your make and model and year?

The early foreman 450ES had a battery drain problem through the speedometer and Honda created an additional inline circuit sub harness to remedy the

by issue

1999 foreman 450es. My son rolled it last year and crack the display which is why I had to but a new one. Never did it before until recently and after process of elimination I unplug the display and no more draw on the battery when shut off. Thanks

Here is a link to the sub harness I was talking about above

it basically just plugs in between the harness and speedometer plugs

to stop the battery drain

https://www.ebay.com/itm/362644908332?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=smuVymBjS0W&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=V3Cdg_b1T7C&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

If you look around can find it cheaper- a lot of people list them and do not know what they actually are 

AKATV

Edited by AKATV

Interesting. Well thank you so much. I will certainly buy one! Out of curiosity why did my old speedometer not drain the battery?

Edited by Elkhorn

There is one power wire that goes directly to your speedometer when the key is off, to maintain proper clock time

Somewhere in the early model circuitry there was a known issue, whether it was bad design or a faulty diode, that would cause an excessive drain

Honda recognized this after the first year and designed this for the 98-99 models,

Have not seen it happen too much on the later models, at least caused by the speedometer..

Edited by AKATV

When you get a chance, here is my current display. What is your diagnosis? Thanks. It is a Rancher TRX350 TE if that makes a difference. 

DF912186-F652-4FD9-BFC3-D9A31B67FE3D.jpeg

Edited by BlueJay
Model #

Unfortunately you have a failed LCD panel

The black spot on there is an internal failure that is quite common on the 450S model and

somewhat less common on the 450ES. It must be replaced and is not available as an individual part

One must be sourced from another(used) speedometer

I see these repairs from time to time

@AKATV so after extensive reading you’re the man I’m looking for. I have A 2000 Foreman ES 450 the display is messed up on. Wanting to get this thing lined out. Also have intel on lots of speedo parts. Message me!

I can most likely get you taken care of just let me know exactly what’s wrong with your meter maybe post a few pictures

I will send my contact information to your message box as well

Akatv,

I just wanted to say thank you for replying and supplying me with the correct resolution. I installed the Honda fix you suggested for my battery drain on my 99 Foreman 450es and it is working great. Really appreciate it and keep up the good work.

• Like 4

Akatv, I have an 04 450ES that needs displayed fixed, lights all work just the speedo and all dont. yes it has an oxidized outer cover but i will prepair or replace it. Will you inbox me and let me know a general idea of how much and how long a repair will take? Thank You Sir!