vicnation

Contact AKATV

Hi

Welcome to the forum!

Looks like a power issue-

If it just stopped displaying out of the blue with no previous issues such as water,,damage etc..

then I would check your power and pins on the lower gray harness plug for the speedometer

You should have 12v on red/black and 12v on brown/black using green for ground

One is constant power for clock memory and one is switched for power so check for both with key on

Make sure to check both side of harness (harness side and speedometer side) and look at the pins to ,make sure they are not corroded/burned

If you have power there I would suggest opening speedometer case and making sure you have same power at the top of harness and at circuit card as well

If you do have it then we can look into what is going on with your meter

Let us know what you find

-AKATV

AKATV, thank you for the timely response, I check voltages as requested. I have constant 12v (ignition key off) on red/blk at the speedometer case connector and at the circuit card as well. I also have 12v (ignition key on) at the speedometer case connector and at the circuit card as well. Harnesses and pins look very clean. Back lighting will function when lights are on, neutral and reverse lights operate  and momentary oil light  when key to ignition. Display had always been clear and functioning until yesterday. I purchased this 4x4 used in 2011, It's in very clean shape for 20+ years, I have kept it indoors for storage. 

Sorry made a typo. Should read: I also have 12v on brn/blk (ignition key on) at the speedometer case connector and at the circuit card as well.

Sounds like you’re voltages are all correct
If you get a chance, double check your battery voltage with the machine running to see that your voltage regulator isn’t under or over voltage

It sounds like you could have a failed CPU chip on your circuit card which is somewhat common on the rancher 350 models, particularly the ES model

one more thing-try disconnecting your battery for a few minutes and then reconnecting it and see if it comes back on

Let us know what you find out

if it doesn’t come back on and you’d like to look into a repair or parts to repair yours, I’ll send my contact information to your message box

-AKATV

Checked battery voltages: Static 12.5 v, running 14.9v, off idle 14.5. Disconnected battery for a few minutes and reconnected with changes to display.

Good voltages
I’m assuming you meant to say “ no changes to the display”?

If you’d like me to check out your circuit card, I have sent my contact information to your message box

-AKATV

Edited by AKATV

I recently purchased a 2004 trx350 fe es 4x4

The  meter displays everything except the odometer and hour meter show 99999999

I am including a pic of the meter. 

I was wondering how I can contact you?

Thank You in advance for your time

20230825_193517.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

Definitely looks like you have dropped programming, most likely due to a dead battery for extended time-

I can reprogram it if you want to have it done

You might want to check your voltage regulator output to the battery as well, to make sure it’s not too high or too low

I will send my contact information to your message box

-AKATV 

Welcome to the forum

I’ll send my contact information to you and you can send me a few pictures of what you have going on

AKATV

AKATV. I need a 04 Honda foreman ES digital display repaired. All lights work and bike runs as normal. The led screen went from hard to see to can’t make out anything over time like it faded out. I saw a similar post in my research and yea it sat with a dead battery for a prolonged time. It has a new battery now and still can not read display. Please message me contact information and process for mailing you the cluster for repair. 

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Display fading and becoming unreadable is generally do to prolonged UV /Sunlight damage over many  years

Sitting with a dead battery for a prolonged time, usually up to a year, or trying to run it without having a battery in place will cause your data programming to corrupt and or drop 

It is specifically an issue on the Foreman 450 and Rancher 350 electronic or foot shift models with a meter

Meaning your miles an hours will change to some astronomically high number in the millions, or  read all zeros or all nines etc

You can also lose your gearshift position indicator and  display will change from miles per hour to kilometers per hour, etc. and any variance of the above

Sitting in the sun will not have any effect on your data or programming. It’ll just slowly fade your display over the years to the point where you can no longer read it.

So this is why I asked for a picture or two to be posted so we can see exactly what your problem is.

I will send my contact information to your message box if you’d like to look into a repair

-AKATV

I have a 1999 Honda 450es foreman an my circuit board is missing a few diodes. Do you do these repairs? 

IMG_0607.jpeg

IMG_0604.jpeg

Hi welcome to the forum!

Those in the picture are actually capacitors, what are the symptoms

or what is your card doing?

I do all ranges of repairs, just depends on what you need

I will send contact information to your message box if you would like to look into a repair

-AKATV

Could you send me your contact akatv?  I have a foreman S 450 with a screen issue.

Sure, no problem
Welcome to the forum and if you have any other questions or need any additional information, just let us know

-AKATV