vicnation

Contact AKATV

Hi and Welcome to the forum!

sounds like you have a power issue as far as powering up, 

you should have two 12 volt wires powering the card up, one is constant to hold clock memory and one is "key on" power to fire up the cpu on the meter

check the red/black wire and brown/ black wire for 12volts and make sure your green wire has good ground

As far as partial data showing up, you might have dirty or partial contact on the rear of the the LCD. You can remove the LCD and clean the contact

points on board gently with pencil eraser and use rubbing alcohol to clean up contacts and  to wipe the rubber contact strips

-then you can reassemble and check

Also- you could have damage to the circuit board, as I see the top corners of circuit board broken off and the inner mounting stub still attached to lower right corner, so if this was rollover damage (or brute removal.. lol..) etc.. you could have physical damage to the board

Let us know what you find

-AKATV

Edited by AKATV

Thank you for all tips and info!

I removed the led screen and wiped the contact strips and the contacts. It is a little bit better but still not all digits are fully visible.

Checked the 12v for the cables indicated and when the key is OFF there is 12v. When i turn the key ON it drops to 0.44v

Green is grounded when the key is in OFF and shows 0.01v when the key is in ON position. 

Not sure if this is the problem?

Sounds like you have have physical damage to the board if not all digits are showing up after cleaning, you could have a bad LCD glass as well

If you have power when key is off to the meter and it is not holding time when turned back on, that is indicative of another issue or damage as well

(bubu2011 and I are directly are texting, working on this issue as well)

-AKATV

Hi and a welcome to the forum! 

Repair prices vary depending on what repairs 

are required

Repairs vary from simple soldering and LED replacement to reprogramming and complete  LCD refurbishment all the way up to complete replacement of board, such in cases of extreme water damage etc..

Let’s start with year, make and model and a description or a few pictures of what you have going on. It helps a lot to turn headlights on so the backlight illuminated the LCD, if working 

I will send my direct contact information to you message box if you would like to look into having a repair done 

-AKATV 

I too have a display in need of repair. Neutral and reverse illuminate correctly. Display backlight illuminates correctly with lights on. No speed, gear, mileage or any data will display - blank screen.  No damage to cover, LCD or electronics board. Failed without warning.

Hoping to get contact info from AKATV.

9FF1DF6A-2ABB-45B8-A7E7-937ACC2C028C.jpeg

63C298A4-F3D8-4C20-819E-206D586926A8.jpeg

C2FB6A4E-3376-4965-B643-20DA150D5116.jpeg

02F07AC1-C5B6-4DA4-9F2B-B503C4CB51FE.jpeg

587E90DE-C60B-4B79-80F8-058836D66EC1.jpeg

02BD3853-23B4-46AF-A345-515D34CFA1E3.jpeg

F47F49A5-A9F1-4403-BE00-875F41B6D67F.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the pictures. It’s a very clean assembly. Obviously you have a power problem. The first thing I would do is check to make sure you don’t have any water intrusion on your lower speedometer plug. I see a lot of burned pins down there inside the plug after water gets in, then you want to make sure you have 12 V on your black/ brown wire as well as 12volts on your red/black wire. check both wires with the key on

One is key on power and one is power all the time to hold your memory. Make sure you use the green wire is ground, alternately you can also try to power up your speedometer by applying powered of those two wires as well as the ground. 

If that doesn’t work, I would most likely say that you have a failed component on your circuit card

I will send my contact information to your message box as well if you’d like to contact me or send it in for repair

• Like 1

On 7/1/2023 at 2:32 PM, AKATV said:

Sounds like you have have physical damage to the board if not all digits are showing up after cleaning, you could have a bad LCD glass as well

If you have power when key is off to the meter and it is not holding time when turned back on, that is indicative of another issue or damage as well

(bubu2011 and I are directly are texting, working on this issue as well)

-AKATV

Ok, so is this soemthing you could fix? And if so, is there a way for you tell me approximately how much would that cost?

Thank you.

Post a picture of what you have going on, so I can better see what issue's you are having
I will send my contact information to your message box if you’d like to look into having a repair completed

AKATV

I have a 2003 TRX450FE that has a short in the meter. ATV runs fine, just wont shut off. If I unplug my meter it will shut off with the key or slide switch. Also neutral lite kinda flashes while running unless meter is unplugged. I`m sure it needs repaired. Is this a service you can provide??

Check lower grey speedometer plugs at harness

it sounds like you have a few burned/ corroded /shorted pins

-Has this been in deep water

-Have you replaced the key switch at all?

I think its most likely shorted at plug/harness

Let us know what you find

New switch. Connections seem to be in good condition. Acts like a ground issue.  Sometimes lights stay on, sometimes not. Lights on the meter are not on right now, but may be the next time I try it. Always cranks with or without key switch on. 

20230906_160315.jpg

20230906_160239.jpg

I will check that switch. That’s very weird.
Your speedometer has 212 V wires one is red and black. The other is brown and black. One of them provides constant power to hold up your Clock memory. The other one is switched to provide power to the speedometer. It almost sounds like somethings backwards.

I will check your connection at the harness and see if you have 12 V constant on one wire or both. Let me know what you find.

(sorry for typos- did not notice until too late and cant edit now)

Edited by AKATV

You might want to open up your speedometer case and see if you have any water damage inside as well
if you’re saying that your machine always 

cranks with key off , unplug your key switch and see if it’s still cranks

if that’s the case, then you have an ignition switch issue

Like Arthur Spooner used to say on King of Queens

“mystery solved….”

Has this machine been sunk, have a cracked top cover or perhaps washed with an overly aggressive pressure washer.?

Instead of your pins being shorted down below at the gray plug and the harness, they were actually shorted /corroded up top where they plug into the speedometer and that’s what was causing your issues

If you need help sourcing parts or getting back up and running, I will send my contact information to your message box

AKATV

Edited by AKATV

I knew this was the problem, just now kinda concrete. I would appreciate any help. Honda doesnt supply them anymore. I have checked Ebay, and called probably 20 salvage yards around the country. Thats what brought me to you, or at least this forum, then you!

Edited by marcsally

14 minutes ago, marcsally said:

I knew this was the problem, just now kinda concrete. I would appreciate any help. Honda doesnt supply them anymore. I have checked Ebay, and called probably 20 salvage yards around the country. Thats what brought me to you, or at least this forum, then you!

He can fix them.   The problem is getting decent components to use for the repair. 

I tried getting powersportsnation to sell him all the broken meters they toss on the junk pile when they part out machines, but they just kinda blew me off. 

I'm pretty sure AKATV can put together a meter from all of the bare components.  The problem is, getting all of the components.

Jeep just so you know, I do occasionally get a message from PSN -not very often, but if they have ones that they’re gonna trash, they’ll sell them to me -lol

Usually water damaged and smashed etc. but sometimes I get lucky with a few salvageable parts so thanks for that

I am helping member marcsally out and was able to source parts for him

I have been lucky sourcing parts so far, but I’ll tell you they are rapidly drying up for sure -five years ago you could find one on eBay, now I barely see them and most all the salvage yards all seem to be picked clean

With that being said, I need 2 of these

2004 or  newer rancher, 350 -either model

They are still available, but you have to buy four pieces in order to make a complete assembly and by that time it’s just a stupid price….

if you have them, let me know what you’d like 

-AKATV 

IMG_1609.jpeg

AKATV - I have a 2004 Foreman ES, battery and I guess capacitor lost juice. Mileage at 999999 and only reads KM. Is there a fix or refresh possible? I can't find the replacement meter 37200-HNO-771.

Welcome to the forum!
Pretty common on these machines, especially the ES machines if they sit for a long time (like a year)with a dead battery or if you try to run with no battery or a bad voltage regulator

It will corrupt the data on the speedometer and you’ll lose your gear position indicator, sometimes it’ll also make your miles an hours read all nines, all zeros or some incredibly high number in the millions, etc..
It will need to be reprogrammed.

I can repair it if you want, I’ll send my contact information to your message box.

Have hope to see you around the forum!

-AKATV

Edited by AKATV

Hello AKATV, I'm new to forums, I'm looking to have an multi function display repaired on a 2002 Honda TRX350 FE 4x4 ES  (1,161 miles, 361 hrs) Display just stopped working yesterday , no physical damage to screen, no water damage. Hopefully you are still repairing these?

LCD display.jpg