Bobby Wilson

Not a New Topic, but ...Sun Damaged Meter Screen

Good Morning,

My name is Bobby and I live in South Texas, and I have a 2005 Honda 350 Rancher ES FE and it has meter screen damage. I carried the rancher to a local ATV repair shop to get some work done and the machine set outside for about (2) months, uncovered. The result is a sun damaged screen. I have read several of the repairs for this and I ordered the polarized film and attempted to repair. After several attempts i still have not fixed the problem. I am not sure but does the white paper that was on the screen that i removed ( and it curled up like a cigar) and somehow lost it required? and if so where can i get new white paper for replacement? 

Or how can I send my meter to AKATV for repairs.  

Thank you for your help!

2 minutes ago, Bobby Wilson said:

Good Morning,

My name is Bobby and I live in South Texas, and I have a 2005 Honda 350 Rancher ES FE and it has meter screen damage. I carried the rancher to a local ATV repair shop to get some work done and the machine set outside for about (2) months, uncovered. The result is a sun damaged screen. I have read several of the repairs for this and I ordered the polarized film and attempted to repair. After several attempts i still have not fixed the problem. I am not sure but does the white paper that was on the screen that i removed ( and it curled up like a cigar) and somehow lost it required? and if so where can i get new white paper for replacement? 

Or how can I send my meter to AKATV for repairs.  

Thank you for your help!

Hi , welcome to ATVHonda >>>>  @AKATV is how to hail him >>>

• Thanks 1

Hi Bobby, Welcome to the forum!

The white rear filter is not required for operation but helps to diffuse the light and make the LCD less" transparent"

I can repair this for you if you want

Post a few pictures and we can take it form there

I will send my contact information to your message box, if you would like to contact me for a repair

-AKATV