bigcountry78

2001 rancher refresh

Well, got around to busting the front tires off the rims. Played around with some paint I found on the shelf today, hit one of the spare front wheels with a wire wheel and sprayed a coat on really quick just to see how it came out. It’s a bit too shiny I think, the picture doesn’t really show the paint mismatch. I’ll let it bake in the sun tomorrow and see how it comes out.

I think I’m gonna mount the mud lites up on these spare wheels, and keep them in the corner just in case.

IMG_9150.jpeg

IMG_9148.jpeg

IMG_9149.jpeg

• Like 2

On 5/16/2024 at 11:23 AM, jeepwm69 said:

Dad has good stuff.  I have JUNK  LOL

What do ya expect ? According to you… he never uses any of that stuff… I can’t get my head wrapped around why he didn’t choose to use that diesel (Cummins isn’t it) powered gen set when ya’ll lost power during one winter blast….. or at least i think that’s right ? didnt your mom give him the eyeball over that one ? lol!! My pop wont let me touch his classic Chevy pickup… so… ya i kinda know… I don’t get an eyeball…. I get told no way in !!!!..you’d think people would get over ones own (PAST) bad driving history … NOPE….

3 hours ago, bigcountry78 said:

Well, got around to busting the front tires off the rims. Played around with some paint I found on the shelf today, hit one of the spare front wheels with a wire wheel and sprayed a coat on really quick just to see how it came out. It’s a bit too shiny I think, the picture doesn’t really show the paint mismatch. I’ll let it bake in the sun tomorrow and see how it comes out.

I think I’m gonna mount the mud lites up on these spare wheels, and keep them in the corner just in case.

IMG_9150.jpeg

IMG_9148.jpeg

IMG_9149.jpeg

Looks like a good close match! From what i can make out….

17 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

What do ya expect ? According to you… he never uses any of that stuff… I can’t get my head wrapped around why he didn’t choose to use that diesel (Cummins isn’t it) powered gen set when ya’ll lost power during one winter blast….. or at least i think that’s right ? didnt your mom give him the eyeball over that one ? lol!! My pop wont let me touch his classic Chevy pickup… so… ya i kinda know… I don’t get an eyeball…. I get told no way in !!!!..you’d think people would get over ones own (PAST) bad driving history … NOPE….

It's not diesel, but a Cummins liquid cooled natural gas powered gen.   Plumbed into the natural gas line coming into their house.  30KW

Still not hooked up LOL  

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Looks like a good close match! From what i can make out….

I think it looks good too.   Certainly close enough to factory!

• Like 2

It seems to shiny, like the original one is a little bit duller. But maybe I’m being persnickety, four slightly shiny rims will be better than two silver and two black lol.

Nah…. They look good… i over coated mine with fade buster … it’s a clear coat made by PD used ONLY for plast-dip well its called ether …. Fade buster OR glossifier… aaaanways … I wouldn’t change a thing… cause.. i guaranty what you used is tougher in the long run then then PB ….once PB starts peeling ? Might as well strip and re shoot…. Could be worse … could be BLUE or YELLOW …. Just testing something by tossing that in …. <waits for it>

• Like 1
  • Haha 1