LedFTed

snake id

ya might have to zoom in a bit. the smaller snake [dscn3185,jpg] ate fred, the little toad, that would be sunning itself, while i was outside smoking, an took over freds house. i think there are three different snakes in these pictures, with different markings.

DSCN3185.JPG

DSCN3195.JPG

DSCN3192.JPG

DSCN3194.JPG

• Like 1

I know that 1st one ..... That's a garter snake none poisonous ..... The other two maybe chicken ? Also none poisonous.... They look healthy!! Good pics Ted..... You can keep them.... Up your way...lol. 

• Like 1

Garter snake for the first one ---- Hard to see  the second and the third picks , but my guess would be a rat snake for both of those ----  I know what kind of snake they would have been if  I seen them , dead snakes ---- poor Fred , when is the service ? 

• Haha 3

I wouldn't have ever got that close to them...... I'm with y'all a dead rope is a good rope especially being that close to home ? I don't mind them being out yonder >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> catching rodents and what not.......lol! With as particalure I've become about my health I'd hurt myself getting away... Reminds me when you got a startled when you seen that one in your shop.. Lol! What about 3 year back ? 

• Like 2

It has been an above normal snake count here by our house so far this year.  Only one venomous cotton mouth I seen  back in the woods. It has been black runners and garden snakes which are like a tan runner. 

• Like 2

Them black or blue runners are fast , they get about 3 ft and can really move it ---- reminds me of watching the TV shows of the black mamba ---- I would not want to meet up with a mamba , they are extreme 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Them black or blue runners are fast , they get about 3 ft and can really move it ---- reminds me of watching the TV shows of the black mamba ---- I would not want to meet up with a mamba , they are extreme 

If I had the slightest inkling one of those was on my property I'd bulldoze, then burn then call in a nuke strike.  Just in case.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

had one that got through the vinyl siding, while i was on the PC right below once. did i ever plug that hole it used!! it was crawling across the basement top wall and avoidin g every mouse trap i had set.

not only did i block that hole, i blocked the mice from getting in..

Edited by LedFTed

9 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

It has been an above normal snake count here by our house so far this year.  Only one venomous cotton mouth I seen  back in the woods. It has been black runners and garden snakes which are like a tan runner. 

I haven seen a one yet......but something tells me this might be the year.... Sigh ...... I already know there will be on living in that access area in back of that furness.... Never fails... This year..... I'll keep that are littered with moth balls...and the lawn kept extra short... 

• Like 1

had to throw this in for posterity. i had a sheet of metal 3'x8' 24 gauge, cut and bent, an put it around the vinyl siding, an filled the corners with steel wool. on occasion the steel wool rust, and ya got to pack in a little more, but it keeps out the snakes and mice..

p.s. thats a Pella out side door.  in 2st pictures, nice looking aint it..

DSCN3210.JPG

Edited by LedFTed