First off I just want to say thanks for the help in the past. I’ve lost my old Account but any without anymore rambling I’ve got a 2007 trx 250 ex when I got the thing it was stuck in gear and the guy was done fooling with it so he said. When I got it home I took the front crank case off and that immediately solved the stuck gear problem. It would shift through all five gears. Including reverse as long as it was open. There was nothing visible to”me” that was wrong with the gears chains clutch’s or anything like that. When I go to put the front crank case back on it tightens up like it should but you hear a slight popping near the sports clutch lever hookup (on the crank case) and you can somewhat feel it if you will. as you begin to add the rest of the bolts and tighten down. Then when you try to shift, the shifter is back in a bind won’t move a quarter of an inch. The man said he was riding it when it done this but idk honestly this one has me stumped. And suggestions. Or comments would be greatly appreciated. Keep shreddddinnnnn!!

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Plant Rim Bicycle part

IMG_2392.jpeg

IMG_2391.jpeg

IMG_2394.jpeg

Make sure you don't have an extra shim somewhere in the shift linkage, and that any thrust washers are in the right spot in the linkage.  I'm not familiar with that model, but have had that problem before

• Thanks 1

is this link the one that I would need to follow to see if everything is in order? And I’ve got it up in the air and while rolling the wheels all the clutches spin fine until I hit 5th gear?! That wouldn’t cause this problem surely not???? And what exactly on the diagram are you calling the linkage? I would call it # 11-12 https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/atv/2007/trx250ex-a-sportrax-250ex/gearshift-drum-03

Edited by Shredderrrr

Hi Shredder , welcome to the site , I had a 2007 250ex ---- one thing unique to that model was , you could use it as a manual shift with the clutch lever operational or it could be et up and used as a automatic , no clutch for shift , wonder it that could be having an affect 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Shredderrrr said:

is this link the one that I would need to follow to see if everything is in order? And I’ve got it up in the air and while rolling the wheels all the clutches spin fine until I hit 5th gear?! That wouldn’t cause this problem surely not???? And what exactly on the diagram are you calling the linkage? I would call it # 11-12 https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/atv/2007/trx250ex-a-sportrax-250ex/gearshift-drum-03

Yeah if you get 27, 30, 31 in the wrong spot it can bind up the shifter.

But if you have clutch problems in 5th gear only, I'd say someone really screwed something up putting it back together. 

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Hi Shredder , welcome to the site , I had a 2007 250ex ---- one thing unique to that model was , you could use it as a manual shift with the clutch lever operational or it could be et up and used as a automatic , no clutch for shift , wonder it that could be having an affect 

I had actually disconnected it and removed the push rod that comes into the front case thinking that may be what was binding it. Cause I was hearing the popping in that area. I’m about to go crazy with the thing lol. I’ve pulled everything out but the cam gear and the linkage I’m not sure how to get it out since there’s a 10mm bolt that holds it down and when you turn it it shifts the tranny but I’ll look at her again today. She’s still a hanging from the tree unless the tree has fell ! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

But if you have clutch problems in 5th gear only, I'd say someone really screwed something up putting it back together. 

It’s kinda weird. It’s like all gears including reverse works fine until you hit fifth then the clutches and chains just stop spinning I’m a novice at this some I’m learning but I was wondering if maybe 5th gear had to have higher rpm’s to engage the gear and actually spin the shaft and chains. And I’m not sure if you can see it good but in the picture I posted earlier on the gearshift they had a bearing on the spot #27 was supposed to be But I’m not so sure buddy. Like I said I’m learning. If it was a bigger engine I could work with it but these small engines get me going lol 

image.jpg

6 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

I posted earlier on the gearshift they had a bearing on the spot #27 was supposed to be and I don’t see any thrust washers in here at all that being 30 and 31. But the next thing that gets me and actually stumps me is the #34 “c-clip. There’s no groove or anything on the shaft for the clip to sit or seat itself in?? Have I dug a bigger hole