slf1

honda 450 foreman 2000

okay drained oil to put fan sensor switch on. In the process the oil pug came out stripped. Do they make a over size plug or kit to fix. I ran tap in cleaned the threads ran die on plug. Put plug back in touchy tighten up. Any ideas?

On 6/23/2023 at 1:51 PM, slf1 said:

going to do a Heli coil

Absolute best option is the heli coil. Small investment up front but you will never have problems again.

Thanks so far no leaks. Didn't care for the price of helicoil bought at local hardware $60.00

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, slf1 said:

Thanks so far no leaks. Didn't care for the price of helicoil bought at local hardware $60.00

Good deal , glad it worked out for you ---- So you bought it as a kit ? Drill bit , tap and a few coils  ?  >>>> Do you remember the size , diameter and pitch of threads , may help someone else in the future 

1 hour ago, slf1 said:

Yeah that's the part I hate but I've used em for 30 years and never lost one if put in correct. Glad it worked for you.

Need to do a sticky on this. 

Glad the helicoil worked for you, and I'll link the sticky to this thread so that others can see it.

Awhile back I had the same issue, did not want to tear down and replace cases etc...I went to auto parts store and found the next size up oil drain bolt, it was 14mm and even for for a Honda (Accord)  they even had one on the shelf that was self tapping if you dont have a tap

I used a greased tap for mine to hold chips and flushed with a quart or two of diesel after Worked like a charm, it even came with sealing washer

It was like 4- 6 dollars or so. I remember thinking, well that worked out good.....

(I missed toodeeps link above, kinda says same thing)

Edited by AKATV
  • Like 2