56Sierra

Bad Neighbors

Bad neighbors.  Anyone have them?  Right now I'm blessed with the greatest neighbors anyone could ask for.

It wasn't always that way.  One house I had was set back a good hundred yards from the road.  Come HS football season my mailbox would take a hit on Friday nights when there was a home game.  Word around town it was the neighbor teen doing it with his beater truck.  I started pulling the post up Friday evening and replace it Saturday morning.  For 3 weeks I did this and didn't weed whack around the mailbox.  I located a basketball sized river biscuit and placed it right behind the mailbox for the next home game.  Next morning the mailbox was gone but there were three vital fluids left leading me to his house.  Coolant, motor oil and ATF.  Never a word was ever spoken about this and the mini boulder was in the ditch about 100' down the road.  Scratches to beat the band.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Bad No, but have a Mr. know-it-all with that said we don't get along have had 3 verbal fights, we wouldn't be able to eat at the same table 😁

• Like 1

Naw... Not anymore...welli say that... Dave.. Can be a pita.... Can't stand it when he tries to be a farmer.. Then tells me he plays at it...got about 6 cows on 3 archers.... That's not even close to how many it takes for just one mouth... Sued that rail road because he clames to have hurt himself... And he's not spose to be working but does all kinds of things while riding the disability wagon...he's also on dope... (Opioids) yes he's the one i purchased the red 97, not the 88 cosmic grey... It's not my concern, but it's that kinda person (abusing the system) that makes it hard for those who really need it.... As for people i can't stand ? The mail carrier... So we do have a tad in common.. Sept this carriers days are dwindling down...I'll see him out right fired... If it's the last think i ever do... Ha! Throw my stuff out the window of his vehicle...he sealed it when he did that.... Contracted fed ex isnt any better...but fedex ground is i get Mail belonging to other people least 2 or 3 times a week.... I'm like shade... It doesn't take put just a few words about the usps to fire me up....a drunk blind monkey could do that job in his sleep... Over payed useless... Dead beat.. Cliff Clavin want a be's.... 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, 56Sierra said:

Bad neighbors.  Anyone have them?  Right now I'm blessed with the greatest neighbors anyone could ask for.

It wasn't always that way.  One house I had was set back a good hundred yards from the road.  Come HS football season my mailbox would take a hit on Friday nights when there was a home game.  Word around town it was the neighbor teen doing it with his beater truck.  I started pulling the post up Friday evening and replace it Saturday morning.  For 3 weeks I did this and didn't weed whack around the mailbox.  I located a basketball sized river biscuit and placed it right behind the mailbox for the next home game.  Next morning the mailbox was gone but there were three vital fluids left leading me to his house.  Coolant, motor oil and ATF.  Never a word was ever spoken about this and the mini boulder was in the ditch about 100' down the road.  Scratches to beat the band.

Funny, i heard a few years ago about a snow plow  driver doing something similar to this one area over & over. So one day the locals got together & they put a big steel pipe in the ground & when the next storm came, they all went to the one house & sat in side waiting, once buddy hit it, it stopped him cold 😆

• Haha 2

My last house was on the edge of a small town in a nice neighborhood.  When looking at the house to buy, I met 82 yr old George Miller.  He was one easy going fine gentleman and I looked forward to having him as a neighbor.  Old Mr. Miller passed away the day before we closed.  After getting moved in I spoke with his widow and told her what I fine man her husband was and that I would do whatever I could to make things easy for her.  I cut her small yard, took out her garbage and did anything she asked.  For three years it was great.  They her daughter moved in and things changed.  They became unbearable.  

We sold the house a year later to a family that had three daughters.  All three at the screaming age.  We closed on a hot June Friday but they weren't supposed to take occupancy until the following Monday.  The asked if the girls could use pool right away.  I'll bet within 10 minutes of them getting in the pool the neighbors wished we hadn't left.

I learned later they defaulted on their loan and made a real mess of the place before they left.

• Haha 2

This thread (i bet) is going to be used ....for ....years.... Lol, even after some of are dust 6 feet under ...... GREAT thread! Sierra..  going postal just got rebanded ......Ha! This would be perfect for the reality show (bad neighbors) hm...... 💡🔥🚒

• Like 1

The people next to me have a grown up yard and junk everywhere.  Then they have the nerve to say what an eyesore my ATV collection is!

The old man's always ! about weeds in my yard getting seed heads which will blow into his yard too.

Living next to your parents isn't for everyone......

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Well your nieghbor is a hoarder correct ? Big shop full of perfectly preserved equitpment.....he won't loan out ...and yet he comments about your place ? Hm.......advise him to take a leaf blower.... (most likely a new one and never used locked in that shop) and blow those seed heads some other place...

• Haha 1