_Wilson_™

Security systems

just a few questions ..... but 1st..... what options do you guys like THAT HAVE CC closed circuit or camra security systems op for ? night vision, wide angle camra, panning, zooming infrared, sounds, vox, >>alarms<< (which I'm not into, I like stealth... video n audio recordings, n  catching the person in the act) just any idea or options I'd like to know about before I go full in....I'm not concerned with Fire perfection I've got that covered, also no need for any health alarm type systems got that covered via other ways...also... don't care for it having any hackable wi-if transmitions.... those aren't secure...but a wireless monitor would be a plus.. break ins around here are starting to go up... so is theft...if I've left out anything be sure to catch me up..... I hope this thread gets more people interested in home security ...  cause times are changing...n I wouldn't mind catching some rare wild life pics and videos ether...I didn't go into much for specifications.... just ball parking it for now...  

I don't have anything fancy.  Bunch of Wyze cameras set up all over the place. 

They have a yearly fee if you want a lot of the features, but if you're ok with basic camera recording to a SD card they're cheap, seem to work well, and are easy to install.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do you think it a good idea to tell everyone on the internet what kind of security you have ? 

Why ? Wi-if is the only one not hack proof ..... and it's posted all over the web.......anyone n there mother knows or could easily learn about it....if it's big deal... Move the thread it to the restrict staf area.... thank you jeep.... dect technology is one I'm looking into... it's way more secure... I'm looking at building my own setup... but as for video...dect (I don't think is compatible) and  wi-if is a no go... it's not secure at all.....you'd be shocked at how many people think using a wi-if cinection your a smart phone is the way to go....its most certainly not secure.... not even close from My research... closed circuit is best....but I'm not going that route... Certain baby monitors that are audio only (top consumer pick) is strictly dect audio only....NO wi-fi.... 

8 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Why ? Wi-if is the only one not hack proof ..... and it's posted all over the web.......anyone n there mother knows or could easily learn about it....if it's big deal... Move the thread it to the restrict staf area.... thank you jeep.... dect technology is one I'm looking into... it's way more secure... I'm looking at building my own setup... but as for video...dect (I don't think is compatible) and  wi-if is a no go... it's not secure at all.....you'd be shocked at how many people think using a wi-if cinection your a smart phone is the way to go....its most certainly not secure.... not even close from My research... closed circuit is best....but I'm not going that route... Certain baby monitors that are audio only (top consumer pick) is strictly dect audio only....NO wi-fi.... 

I'm not worried , it is not my house 

19 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Do you think it a good idea to tell everyone on the internet what kind of security you have ? 

I got cameras watching cameras, a giant 125lb black devil dog, and a crotchety old man with a shotgun living next door.

If someone wants to face those odds they deserve whatever they can escape with.

I like the Wyze cams because IF you are close enough to connect to wifi, they record and save to a cloud as well as the SD card in the camera.  So if someone steals my cameras, I'll get a good pic of who done it.

• Like 2

Thanks... my place isn't surrounded close by neighbors .....(Dave would closest) I know just about all of them...(they look to me for information --- crime reports in general) ... the people I've had trouble with live in a traitor park (not saying all people who live in traitor parks are bad.. lord knows I don't want this to look racial someone might get there itty bitty feelings hurt...lol! ) but fact is the buildings lost around here due to fires (were investigated and were caused by kids smoking) and break in n theft / crime is steadily rising....ha! I've got the man with the gun covered too... a dog..is an idea... I had that healer .(CB) .. but it didn't take... long story... he's fine got a good home in Alabama .. with a sisters friend... as for another... I've been thinking it's a good idea too.... I'd like a healer, but I won't allow pets in my home but for so long...plus there's the nieces kids... so that one I'll play by ear for now.. the idea of recording is a plus ....I talked some with WM... he also mentioned recordings. One reason that Got me to thinking about all this was a post here by someone who ether had one or had witnessed a catalytic converter being stolen right of a vehicle....while they were at work ....motion activated ... is another option I didn't mention... anyways thank you jeep.

• Like 1

I use Arlo. But mine are old, & need to get new better ones. I have a 3sec delay from motion. No good. But the quality is. 

• Thanks 1

my vote goes with swann security system, no contracts, full 24/7 operation, email when motion is detected, snap shot of motion, 82 foot in the dark detection in total darkness. easy to install, worldwide viewing from anywhere on smart phone ( yeah...yu'll need to get with the times wilson !..lol ). most swan systems do not come with pan/zoom camera's?, but you can buy the camera's that can do this from swann. this system does video and audio on some of thier models. prices will very with what system you choose?, as they have different models with different number of cameras. i have a 16 channel ( cameras ) here at home, and a 8 channel ( cameras ) at my cabin now. i have been using this brand for many years now, very pleased with the system. you can not step foot anywhere on my property here ( or my cabin ) without me catching you !..lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, shadetree said:

(yeah...yu'll need to get with the times wilson !..lol ).

Yeah yeah yeah.... I figured you'd bring that up........ now remind again of your love of smart phones....lol!

I save all the 'mato cans , tie them together and drape that string  around the yard , them varmints and even an occasional critter , will get hung up and sound the alarm >>>  then if'ns you go to a wedding , you can bring along the string and tie it to the bumper of the bridal car / dual purpose device ----  

• Haha 1

shade you recall what we were talking about ...... that will also go hand in hand with the system I'm building .....I have called yet to find out if it's right (carry state) Tim had mentioned it changed a few times....but I think that's right, if it is I'll be carrying... 

9 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

shade you recall what we were talking about ...... that will also go hand in hand with the system I'm building .....I have called yet to find out if it's right (carry state) Tim had mentioned it changed a few times....but I think that's right, if it is I'll be carrying... 

I believe both Arkansas and Tenn are both constitutional carry states now.  No permit required.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

I believe both Arkansas and Tenn are both constitutional carry states now.  No permit required.

i knew arkansas was sure, but was not 100% positive about tn ?, but almost sure tn is as well. my gals son just purchased a 9mm tactical/comp 9mm beretta, he loves it. i was the one who told him to buy a 9mm beretta brand name, so far, he's very pleased with it.

• Thanks 1