Gitoscx19

04 TRX500FGA speedometer issu!

Hello everyone, new to this forum looking for help with my speedometer. There’s back light. Shift position leds, but no digits on the LCD. Took it apart to test the LCD screen but it works, then I noticed the PCB had a burnt spot, sent it to someone who works on this stuff…he tried but no luck there. I’m just looking to see if someone in this forum is kind enough to share pictures of their PCB to compare to mind. Thank you

IMG_2815.jpeg

IMG_2817.jpeg

I have a few older circuit boards for the Rubicon, but yours does not look like mine

Does yours have GPS by chance?

I think that’s what the  G in FGA stands for

Sorry, if these are not  of much help, I’ll see if I can find a more detailed picture for your model

-AKATV 

IMG_2429.jpeg

IMG_2428.jpeg

• Like 1

Hello AKATV, and yes mine is with the GPS. I have trouble getting my hands on a new speedometer unit it seems they’re back back back order, they’re not even available in Japan anymore. And I tried searching for used one but nothing either, so that’s why I’m forced to fixed this PCB. Thanks for your help. I really appreciated.

I will keep eyes and ears out for one, i know they are hard to find, ESPECIALLY the GPS models

15 minutes ago, AKATV said:

I will keep eyes and ears out for one, i know they are hard to find, ESPECIALLY the GPS models

i have a brand new meter for a 500 auto..but it does not have gps on it.

Lot of Honda parts are being discontinued.  I've had two backorders cancelled in the last month or two because the parts are no longer being made.

One was a left tank cover for an 08 Foreman 500FM, and the other was a front bumper for the same.

For an 01-04 Rubicon, that's getting on back there in years, so if you find one, I'd jump on it.

Alternatively, you could get a meter for a non-gps model which I believe would work.  The GPS sucks on those things anyway.