bigcountry78

Adding ES display to a foot shift?

Has anyone ever done this? I have a 2001 rancher foot shift, but I would love to have the ES clock, hour meter, and speedometer. It seems like it would be a bolt on affair, but I’m wondering if the wiring is there and is plug and play or if it’s more involved. I know the Canada foot shifts got the display, wondering how different their models are from the US market.

Hi

The Rancher 350 foot shift did not come with a speedometer, but you could add one as an optional accessory when you bought it, or after the fact

Its fairly rare to see a Rancher 350 4x4 foot shift with an original factory meter "out in wild"

It is not plug and play so to speak, you will need the speedometer, sub harness, speed sensor and few other bits such as the mount and dash bezel etc...

Here is the link to the kit to see all the parts and part numbers

https://www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/a/hon/506bc665f870023420a2455f/meter

Hope it helps,

-AKATV

Edited by AKATV
  • Like 1

Think this is a first here, we have had numerous members convert their ES to a foot shift, but not the other way!  I think @AKATV has set you up to give her a go.  Good luck....

• Haha 2

On 11/22/2023 at 10:24 AM, bcsman said:

Think this is a first here, we have had numerous members convert their ES to a foot shift, but not the other way!  I think @AKATV has set you up to give her a go.  Good luck....

Let me clarify, I want to keep the foot shifter and just add the display pod lol. 

12 hours ago, bigcountry78 said:

Let me clarify, I want to keep the foot shifter and just add the display pod lol. 

I gotcha sorry I misread your post......

Hi Jeep

That is correct, it is exactly like the Foreman 450S

meter and only has the speedometer and not the gearshift position indicator like the electronic shift (ES) models

-AKATV

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bigcountry78 said:

Yea I was wondering about that. Probably not worth the hassle, but it’d be cool anyway.

I converted my kid's 05 350ES to footshift, so it has the ES meter/ wiring harness.   When shifting with the footshifter, the dash blinks an error code, but it does show speed and which gear the machine is in.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

I converted my kid's 05 350ES to footshift, so it has the ES meter/ wiring harness.   When shifting with the footshifter, the dash blinks an error code, but it does show speed and which gear the machine is in.

It shows the gear, even with the foot shifter? I figured it wouldn’t show that on mine but maybe I was wrong. It’s not a huge deal, but sometimes it’s nice to know what gear you’re in. So, would I need a 2000-2003 meter, or would a newer one work? Just curious what years to look for as I’m browsing.

Edited by bigcountry78

You'd have to have the ES harness with ECU, the ES gear position switch, an ES meter, and the speed sensor.

Best bet would be to find someone parting a 350ES and get the harness with ECU, meter, and complete rear engine cover, that would have the speed sensor and gear position switch on it.

• Like 1