shadetree

2002 trx450fm

On 10/14/2024 at 11:23 AM, bigcountry78 said:

I love it and if I had access to the parts I would do this to mine immediately. I’d trade the 424 in a heartbeat to have OE push button 4wd.

If you ever (for any reason) choose to get rid of that 424 keep me and @Wheeler in mind….. model doesn’t matter.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, shadetree said:

old warn winch, want it ?, you can have it along with the 500 cylinder when you ever drop by..lol.

Sure!  Your hunting buddy doesn't want it?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, shadetree said:

i had to hacksaw the right side mounting tube in order to get it off the frame, scrap metal as far as i am concerned.

Oh well, maybe someday I’ll stumble across a set.

31 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

If you ever (for any reason) choose to get rid of that 424 keep me and @Wheeler in mind….. model doesn’t matter.

Y’all are at the top of the list. I’ve considered just putting it back to full time 4x4. If I find a front driveshaft for reasonable, I’ll buy it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Sure!  Your hunting buddy doesn't want it?

don't know if it works or not ?, its cable, maybe 2500 lbs model ?. he's already told me he wants a warn winch with rope like mine on this atv. he better be ready for sticker shock ?!..lol. i'll set this warn aside for you when ever you get this way..take it with you,,all yers, i'll even help you load it !..rofl.

4 hours ago, bigcountry78 said:

Y’all are at the top of the list. I’ve considered just putting it back to full time 4x4. If I find a front driveshaft for reasonable, I’ll buy it.

look on power sports nation, they got all kinds of drive shafts.

• Like 1

had time to get a few things done today. got the frame all the way down to bare frame, stuck it outside the shop, pressure washed it. dug out the meters i told akatv that i would send him in exchange for him fixing the meter for this 450. i have two 450fm meters, and one 450fw meter that came off a early model 450fw..maybe a '98 i think it is ?. that was the very first trx450fw i restored many moons ago. got them all boxed up, gonna get them to the post office in the morning to send off.

IMG_0887.JPG

IMG_0886.JPG

• Like 1