Wampus_cat

Need pump bracket for 1987 foreman 350 fuel pump restoration

You are going about it the right way , try and get it back stock --- there is a guy on facebook named Greg Krentials that sells atv parts specializes in 300s , he is in Louisiana , he has a few of those 350 in his yard , I seen them in pics of his yard , they buy them for the rear ends and the rest is scrap --- go to facebook and contact him if nothing else pops up 

8 hours ago, Wampus_cat said:

The old pump is a continuos Running pump, and I’m not interested in trying to fix it.  I did use it that way for years but i think it never ran right, and if it would die with the switch on it would keep running and flood out the carb, which isn’t nice....

btw I would go for @Goober ‘s ad but I already have the pump, just trying to mount it up 

if your smart ( and you seem to be ! ) you should buy that pump from ebay, get the bracket, have a spare pump !.

• Like 2

On 3/30/2020 at 1:49 PM, shadetree said:

if your smart ( and you seem to be ! ) you should buy that pump from ebay, get the bracket, have a spare pump !.

Yuppers ^^^ what he said 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Wampus_cat said:

I ordered the one off eBay. (Hooked up temporary style).  Now it runs but gas comes out the carb overflow

584EB8BE-2AB8-4963-AC4C-E9F299E4C2BA.jpeg

pump is backwards ( yes i know its temp mounted ), float needle is bad, dirty seat ?.

I was going by this blurry picture for pump orientation... also the bracket screws would point in if I mounted it the other way..? 

I did rebuild the carburetor last fall but that doesn’t mean much, I’ll try to clean it out.

DFB38FB4-8223-4584-A33A-B01AEF70FF77.jpeg

1 minute ago, Wampus_cat said:

Oh I see it now (smh)

lol, i was gonna say, if ya look at that pic you posted ^^, you will see that the fuel lines are on the back side ( facing backwards ) of the fuel pump when mounted in the bracket, flat end of pump is facing towards front of atv :-).

5 minutes ago, Wampus_cat said:

I was going by this blurry picture for pump orientation... also the bracket screws would point in if I mounted it the other way..? 

I did rebuild the carburetor last fall but that doesn’t mean much, I’ll try to clean it out.

DFB38FB4-8223-4584-A33A-B01AEF70FF77.jpeg

bracket screws will face out, you just have the pump itself installed in the bracket backwards is all :-).

it is tricky to get the rubber part on the pump, then the pump installed in the bracket, get everything lined up, facing the right way !, been there so many times !..lol.

Ok I switched the pump and bracket around, and cleaned out the carb. It seems to have quit overflowing, but Now it runs but idles low then hi then low, then hi, etc.  I’m not sure what to think of this

215DFE89-83E8-4D1D-9A25-8D6249622B0D.jpeg

I’d guess either that pump isn’t keeping up with demand or you need to clean the carb again.  

It weirdly idles way to high for a minute, then won’t stay running without throttle for a minute or so, then back and forth, I checked the throttle cable isn’t malfunctioning....

2 hours ago, Wampus_cat said:

Ok I switched the pump and bracket around, and cleaned out the carb. It seems to have quit overflowing, but Now it runs but idles low then hi then low, then hi, etc.  I’m not sure what to think of this

bro..you got the pump connected from the fuel tank backwards for one !, and two, the bracket is suppose to mount to the stud at the top from frame !.

• Like 2

you may not have the pump hooked from tank backwards ? i looked again , but i can't make out which line is where at pump ?, but it is upside down !..lol.

• Like 1

here's another pic, you can see that the two screws are at the bottom on the bracket. the bracket slides on the stud from the frame, then a nut goes over the bracket. for the pump lines, curved line goes to carb, straight line comes from fuel filter/tank.

IMG_0279.JPG

3 hours ago, Wampus_cat said:

AND YOU GOT YOUR WIRES BACKWARDS !!. green is ground, black/blue ( oem ) is power !.

Oh wow ok, I will try that again tomorrow! In fairness to me I never saw the original pump before and it has not the original electrical lines to the pump:/

Oh wow ok, I will try that again tomorrow! In fairness to me I never saw the original pump before and it has not the original electrical lines to the pump:/

Here ya go @Wampus_cat

the straight pipe goes to the filter

the curved pipe goes to the carb

the “overflow” is not an overflow—im pretty sure it is a vent for the pump diaphragm—i show that vent pipe T in yello

if you have fuel coming out of the small tube i think you have a hole in the diaphragm 

i have a couple old ones here in the shop I’ll take a closer look

16B15CF0-9CEC-4BAF-82D6-FE593AE0BF2C.jpeg

67226958-CD8A-49DE-9785-9BFE748BAB64.jpeg

74FFDB1F-CACD-4B6E-866F-25CFA70D6940.jpeg

E322D900-9B39-478A-B7FA-951A4E6E1622.jpeg

Edited by Goober
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Wampus_cat said:

Hey @Wampus_cati don’t know how i messed up this text but Here’s a pic of where it connects—you have to disco a couple of bolt to reach the fuel pump connectors 

2AE278A9-927E-41C6-9AE2-509897B13D68.jpeg

@Wampus_cat

youll also see i used OEM fuel lines—these are molded tubes—which I doubt you will be able to find without cracked ends. you’ll find them on used fuel pumps which is another reason to buy old pumps LOLs .

if you don’t have them you will have s hard time with the fuel line —try to keep those lines short and no kinks