Jump to content
LedFTed

cont. from solenoid. ele. system.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

i seem to be having a few issues, start with battery;; its got 9.6volts at the moment. i left the key on overnight,   it hasnt charged up yet. 1st day hooked up at the poles, 2nd day unhooked.

using a battery tender JR. im gonna take it to get load tested, but i wanna know, if that is an unusually long time to bring up to full charge for just leaving the key on? still only 9.6v

[NEVERMIND};; i switched batt. tender JR., with another one, and its charging now up to 10.4... 🙂

Edited by LedFTed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, LedFTed said:

i seem to be having a few issues, start with battery;; its got 9.6volts at the moment. i left the key on overnight,   it hasnt charged up yet. 1st day hooked up at the poles, 2nd day unhooked.

using a battery tender JR. im gonna take it to get load tested, but i wanna know, if that is an unusually long time to bring up to full charge for just leaving the key on? still only 9.6v

[NEVERMIND};; i switched batt. tender JR., with another one, and its charging now up to 10.4... 🙂

do yourself a favor, toss that battery tender jr in the trash, buy a battery minder, does the same thing, but also fixes the battery plates !.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, shadetree said:

do yourself a favor, toss that battery tender jr in the trash, buy a battery minder, does the same thing, but also fixes the battery plates !.

Really!!

reached 10,7

Edited by LedFTed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

been a while since i had to figure out watts. 12vx750mA=.009Watts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

you mentioned in the other post been sitting for two years, but the solenoid was starting the bike a few days before that post..... I'd take it to get load tested, check all the fuses, sounds like the battery might need to be replace (if it hasn't been for two years, and has not been kept charged up in that time. ) kind of sounds like there are more electrical issues going on.... from your other post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Two years since starting it , my guess is , time for a battery replacement , even if you get it backup to 12volts , it is likely  going to be short winded for say , lite reserve

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
13 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Two years since starting it , my guess is , time for a battery replacement , even if you get it backup to 12volts , it is likely  going to be short winded for say , lite reserve

its been started, just not often enough. a couple of two years, 2x2, adds up. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, LedFTed said:

its been started, just not often enough. a couple of two years, 2x2, adds up. 🙂

Oh , Ok 'Ted !!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Posted (edited)

Ted, being this bike has sat for two years... just thought i would also check for rodent damage, you do have horses, which i wager you keep horse feed around ? that will draw them little @&&$); in fast. 

Edited by _Wilson_™

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

more than likely the battery is shot. you can not let them sit for months, and not start/ride them !.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Posted (edited)

I use a 100A battery tester quite similar to this Schumacher—available at Wally Worl or Habbah Freight
mine is a Chicago Electric I bought at estate auction.

F0556C71-88B2-4D6F-89A9-D999F5CCBA1D.jpeg

04B55399-381B-43A4-99B0-D275BF26ADE0.jpeg

Edited by Goober
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...