Fishfiles

Music

The first truck in the video above ^^^^^  , the one that is filming shifting thru the gears , What transmission is that ??  What's up with the short shifter on the right 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

The first truck in the video above ^^^^^  , the one that is filming shifting thru the gears , What transmission is that ??  What's up with the short shifter on the right 

the one shifting with two sticks ? I've seen those old setups before but no sire i never drove one, he's old school! now my friend John bone is crazy about Mack trucks, and purchased an older straight dump bed  job double live mack  top loading rear ends, if i recall right it had camel back springs ? that thing also had two sticks, out all of us moser,Haney,pop,myself,bicycle Willie, tommie ..... he was the only one out all of us who could shift it. i don't even know if he used the cutch haha! i got a point where i hardly ever used the clutch in ours sept on dead stop take offs etc etc ...... i got a ticket one time for not stoping at a light, i didn't pass the light, i just never stopped, i dropped back in traffic, and started down shifting finally got in the low hole, and just creeped along And reckon i was holding traffic up some......so i got nailed on that one.. some truckers will do that to thin traffic out, it usally takes 2 or more semi trucks to pull that trick off, but it does work! 

you got me on twin stick shifting, wished i had chanced bones Mack truck, but he was very picky, about that truck, first Mack he ever owned, he could shift the !!! out of her!! i did drive for the co-op a Mack spreader truck.... I'm trying to think if that thing had two sticks or one, it might be me thinking of the pto lever..... I'm drawing Purdy much a blank, but i think it was a single stick 5 speed...... but in short naw i never shifted a twin stick. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

the one shifting with two sticks ? 

you got me on twin stick shifting

I counted 19 times that  he shifted and it looks like he skipped a few , first  I  was thinking split axle , but from the shift pattern of that second shifter  , it might be an aux transmission

• Like 1

Someone delete the wrong post...... haha, but it's cool it was my fault. lol 

ill do this again, no prob, fish i think...... the short shifter is like the range (say one is taking off loaded) my thinking would be the short shifter would be placed in low gear, and then use the tall shifter like 1st 2nd 3rd all the shift sequence then go back to the shifter hit a higher or lower range and start the left shift sequence all over again .... rinse and repeat, now i could be way off on this, but i didn't catch it did he use the clutch at all ?? it very could be an aux, it would be something new to me on a semi, I've seen them on pickups and rock crawlers on the crawlers ...... i think there a guy who makes the especially for those rigs, i knew a guy who had a fleet side 3500  2wd chevy pickup (one ton no duel rear wheels) 6.2 diesel banks turbo equipt had an aux 20% under drive i believe, bolted right to back of the automatic trans, and Mack had (at one time) an aux trans, i never had a chanc e to look at one those setup

Edited by _Wilson_™

this vid not really for this thread so.... management y'all move it if need be, anyways fish heres our answer, and nope I've never had any dealings with this type 6+4 and your right it's aux trans setup, I'd enjoy crawling under and taking a look..... 24 gears to choose from ?? well... with an old school detriot that might be best, but with the power plants we have now kind of over kill. IMO, but you can do alot with the right gear ratio! 

Edited by _Wilson_™

i recall listening to Karen carpenter.....my dad was somewhat a fan.... i haven't heard those two songs in years, bring back memories. 

• Like 1

I did not know she was a drummer till today  ---  she looks like someone , Louise Lane from Superman ??? 

• Like 1