_Wilson_™

central heat and air

On 9/15/2021 at 12:22 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

so far it's running just fine cycling off and on sence yesterday, no ice on the line and plenty of air flow from the vents.... thanks for the advise guys.... just as @PROV said i have seen the evap ice over on farm equipment .... and it's always been a low flow (dust dirt plugged) air filter, when those units get low on freon they tend to cycle off and on in short burst, or just not at all. 

all types or radiators, need to be cleaned out. no restrictions. sometimes outside. sometimes inside.

8 hours ago, LedFTed said:

vents for cold should be at the top of the house/room, heat at the bottom house/room. [AFM air flow matters.] it could be done.

nope, not in some cases where there is not enough room between. the ceiling and upper floor spaces and this is a very old house, part log, besides the system is working fine. two story a hair under 5 thousand sq feet... floor vents were the only option for a central heat and air system down stairs. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LedFTed said:

all types or radiators, need to be cleaned out. no restrictions. sometimes outside. sometimes inside.

mine are clean, both the evap, and condensor, and hot water furness coil new intake filter, and plenty of air flow like i said before, i located the issue.... the house wasn't sealed up because doors were left open, and a cooling system isn't designed for cooling the outdoors....

• Like 1

On 9/18/2021 at 7:11 AM, _Wilson_™ said:

mine are clean, both the evap, and condensor, and hot water furness coil new intake filter, and plenty of air flow like i said before, i located the issue.... the house wasn't sealed up because doors were left open, and a cooling system isn't designed for cooling the outdoors....

Mother in law lived with us for a while.   Put her up in the finished basement.   The entire basement is below ground level so it's naturally cool in the summer but it's humid.  I run a dehumidifier down there to keep it around a 50% humidity level but common sense sez to keep the door going to the basement closed.  I don't know how many times I asked her to keep that damned door closed.   She finally argued with me about it saying the dehumidifier worked so much better if the door was left open.  It needed drained three times as often if the door was left she said.🙄😬.  So if anyone experienced a drier than normal summer a few years back, you can thank my mother in law.  And remember, these people vote.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2