moecarama

Winch selection '91 TRXFWD

I want a winch also moe. I cant afford a warn I was looking at the harbor freight winch's but I found the champion brand with a 2 year warranty.

I'm waiting to see what I get for Xmas and then \put the proceeds towards my  to my winch project (Superwinch or possibly a Warn) price has to be right though been working a couple a day's a week.

3 hours ago, jeffo21 said:

I want a winch also moe. I cant afford a warn I was looking at the harbor freight winch's but I found the champion brand with a 2 year warranty.

I installed a Champion 2200 on my rancher.Used it a few times on my trail through the woods.Works good.Champion makes decent stuff been happy with the generator I bought for camper.

5 hours ago, jeffo21 said:

dont waste your time and money on any winch from harbor freight !..lol.

going to wait and see what Santa/wife bring me for Christmas. then I will get a KFI mount and get the Champion winch.

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

from what I know of ?..these ^^^^ fail on the contactor switches left and right, for 90 bucks..would you want to be miles from home, out in your swamp, and it fail ?, I know I would not !..lol. I know warn is pricy ?..but if it never fails on me ?, heck..i'll spend that 400 bucks all day long !. if the military uses nothing but warn , what does that tell ya ?..tells me warn does it right !..lol.

2 hours ago, jeffo21 said:

going to wait and see what Santa/wife bring me for Christmas. then I will get a KFI mount and get the Champion winch.

if I had to choose between champion and superwinch ?, I would go with superwinch all day long, their warranty puts champion to shame.

2 hours ago, jeffo21 said:

If you go Champion you will also need the Fairlead & KFI mount.Not sure about the superwinch.

16 minutes ago, riverc said:

If you go Champion you will also need the Fairlead & KFI mount.Not sure about the superwinch.

that ^^^ superwinch fish linked shows to come with roller fairlead, but it wont have the mounting plate.

I think I paid $226 for the Warn 2500.  Mount plate was $86 both with free shipping.

I only heard bad things about the Harbor Freight winch, that it failed first time they used it.  And saw videos about them failing online.

Mine mounts to the frame at the back, and to the bumper on the front, so half and half.

But it looks like it will be solid enough.  I don't think I'll get to use it much.  But who knows.  Maybe with a winch I'll go ahead and get stuck a lot.

dc

• Like 1