shadetree

kubota B2100

On May 3, 2022 at 2:44 PM, Fishfiles said:

You were asking me why does your hydro static transmission has a clutch , I'd think because there are gears on the tactor to shift to a different power range >>>>  read this part in that manual

Besides neutral, four kinds of power flow (from clutch shaft to 4th shaft) are available by operating the main gear shift lever to shift positions on the 30T shifter gear (3) and 17T -13T shifter gear (4) on the 4th shaft (2)

The pump and motor are joined in
a closed hydraulic loop and most of oil circulates within the main oil circuit. A little oil lubricates and oozes out from the clearance between the moving parts of the case. Then oil in the main oil circuit of the HST needs to be supplied a want. The combined oil flow from the power steering circuit and HST charge pump are flows into the HST for charging. The charge oil aids smooth operation of piston pump and motor. The charge oil passes through the .oil cooler and transmission oil filter to charge relief valve port. The rest of oil passes through the charge relief valve into the HST housing. Oil from the hydraulic cylinder and overflow oil from HST housing return to the transmission case. 3

nailed it by the very 1st phrase same reason just about all combines have hydrostatic drives, and yes multie geared trannys..... a just about limitless drive range..... high rpm (high power) low rate of hydro drive, and your choice of gears, or low rpm (low power) high hydro flow, and a low manual gear..... etc etc...... we had a bine that had a cable going to the manaul drive that got stuck in 4th gear (road range) top speed 23 mph, and was still able to slow the mph down to harvest crops...... and this is because of the hydrostatic side of the drivetrain.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

nailed it by the very 1st phrase same reason just about all combines have hydrostatic drives, and yes multie geared trannys..... a just about limitless drive range..... high rpm (high power) low rate of hydro drive, and your choice of gears, or low rpm (low power) high hydro flow, and a low manual gear..... etc etc...... we had a bine that had a cable going to the manaul drive that got stuck in 4th gear (road range) top speed 23 mph, and was still able to slow the mph down to harvest crops...... and this is because of the hydrostatic side of the drivetrain.  

Shade said he does not see a gear shifter / range lever ----- I would have thought for sure there is one ----   Shade and I  were talking , maybe the clutch is only for  PTO engage /disengagement  on his model ,  I seen there are two models of the B2100 , like L and X and the difference is something with the tranny  ---- I looked for a free operators manual , but did not find one yet 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Shade said he does not see a gear shifter / range lever ----- I would have thought for sure there is one ----   Shade and I  were talking , maybe the clutch is only for  PTO engage /disengagement  on his model ,  I seen there are two models of the B2100 , like L and X and the difference is something with the tranny  ---- I looked for a free operators manual , but did not find one yet 

all this thing has ( that i know of so far ? ) is fast and slow, i don't know anything about high range and low range ....yet ??..lol.

• Like 1

well i did the boner move i didn't copy  y post to note pad...... SIGH.. so lets try this again..... it very could be for taking the pto out of gear, but there should be a lever to put the pto in gear..... when you get this tractor running you'll know TRUST me..... lol, because if you have a heavy rotating implement ...... and you push down on that peddle and the momentum from said rotating implement is still pushing you, then it's not for disengaging the pto clutch, that's where you would use what they call a pto over run, that being said, there were a couple of tractors..... that were very unique ....... the ford 4000 select-O-speed..... but this is more of an manal trans, with characteristics of a manaul.... it's hard to explain, most likey hardto imagine.... no clutch, just a peddle fluid stop, or you could shift it like a full power shift, that means shifting while under a load (heavy pull) 

this brings me to the one tractori know of that was a full hydrostatic drive built by the international harvester company, now these models didnt run well in dusty field conditions..... and became very problem magic over time, and  wry costly to maintain..... I've never layed eyes on one, but my uncle Wayne clamed he did, whether that's true or not i could verify....... but the dead give away was on the engine room cover, came on,y in 2wd, not sure if you could get them with a full in closed cab...... and I'm also not sure of the horse power rating.

image.jpg

image.jpg

here's a couple pics of my progress. i got the rear 3-point hitch all attached, wd-40 the htreads, operated the raise and lower, works good.

IMG_0129.JPG

IMG_0130.JPG

• Like 4

10 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

well i did the boner move i didn't copy  y post to note pad...... SIGH.. so lets try this again..... it very could be for taking the pto out of gear, but there should be a lever to put the pto in gear..... when you get this tractor running you'll know TRUST me..... lol, because if you have a heavy rotating implement ...... and you push down on that peddle and the momentum from said rotating implement is still pushing you, then it's not for disengaging the pto clutch, that's where you would use what they call a pto over run, that being said, there were a couple of tractors..... that were very unique ....... the ford 4000 select-O-speed..... but this is more of an manal trans, with characteristics of a manaul.... it's hard to explain, most likey hardto imagine.... no clutch, just a peddle fluid stop, or you could shift it like a full power shift, that means shifting while under a load (heavy pull) 

this brings me to the one tractori know of that was a full hydrostatic drive built by the international harvester company, now these models didnt run well in dusty field conditions..... and became very problem magic over time, and  wry costly to maintain..... I've never layed eyes on one, but my uncle Wayne clamed he did, whether that's true or not i could verify....... but the dead give away was on the engine room cover, came on,y in 2wd, not sure if you could get them with a full in closed cab...... and I'm also not sure of the horse power rating.

image.jpg

image.jpg

it was already running motor wise, just no movement in the hydro tranny, but seems to be working pretty good so far !

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

haha..i sure heard a lot of grinding in the gears when he was shifting ??..i hope mine does not sound like that !!.

man you can sure tell it's a pre chamber diesel...... lol, and here you can defenently hear the classic sound (whine) of the hydrostatic drive....... also has the classic quick forward to reverse

update: finally got to the point to crank her up, back out of my shop...ON HER OWN POWER !..LOL. runs great, moves great, stops when i let off on the hydro pedal. once out side in my yard, discovered i forgot to hook the rpm cable back up to the tac ?..aghhhhh !!!..what a royal pain in the butt that is to get the dash off !!, this time..i did not take it all the way back off..got just enough room to reach in, under the dash lip, to screw the cable into the tac. got that done, parked her under my old carport right next my lawn mower. word of caution !!!. NEVER FILL THE FUEL TANK UP ON THESE UNTIL YOU CHECK TO MAKE SURE THE SENDING UNIT IS WORKING ?..LOL...another chance to take that dang dash back off again, just to get the sending unit off the fuel tank..story of my life. had to drain some fuel right back out of the newly mind you !!!, fresh fill up. why ?, because the smart person who designed this set up with the sending unit thought it was a good idea to mount the sending unit LOWER THAN THE FILL CAP LEVEL !!!??!. STUPID I TELL YA !. got the sending unit off the tank, took it part, done some '' tweaking '' to it, plugged it back in, turned key on..now my fuel gauge is working !!. called it a day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

man you can sure tell it's a pre chamber diesel...... lol, and here you can defenently hear the classic sound (whine) of the hydrostatic drive....... also has the classic quick forward to reverse

yep..deff have the hydro whine..lol. all hydro's are made this way, i woulda loved to have the good ole geared tranny..they dont break down much..and when they do ?..they are cheaper to rebuild than this hydro !!.

• Like 1

A few mods , I know how much you like mods , LOL 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

You need to snorkel it too!

and you know what you need to do ?, BITE ME !.LOL.

• Haha 2

update: well outlaws, wed's was a very long and tiring day for me, i went tiller and box blade shopping !. also discovered a few things, one: this thing will not fit in my old trailer, not even close with any attachments hooked up ( i pretty much knew this going in ). second: you deff will learn real fast how tractors work ?, or don't work !..lol. i'll get into that later in this post if i remember ?. anyway, i went and purchased a titan 4ft rotary tiller, and a 4ft titan box blade, both of these attachments cost right at 3k, oh well, it is what it is..i am still way below what a brand new tractor would have cost me so far. i am going to go trailer shopping today, i have one reserved at a sellers place, not sure i will buy it ?, it is a 6x12 pipe rail, fold down ramp, taxes and all, prob around 2600-2700 otd ?.  seems like a lot of money to me ?, but the cost of steel ( from what i'm hearing lately ) has sky rocketed through the roof just like gas has !. i got home with the purchase of the tiller and box blade, now to figure out how to unload them from the bed of my truck ?!..well..this isn't my first time dealing with heavy stuff working alone ?, so i broke out my '03 trx450fm, used my warn 2500lb winch, a tree strap, snatch block hanging down out of my oak tree in my front yard, and hoisted them right up, then drove out from under them. this folks..is how i came up with the name shadetree..my first time doing this was way back before i joined the old forums, came up with the name shadetree because i was under this very same tree in the middle of summer, pulling a engine out of a 2-stroke yamaha jet ski i was rebuilding, hinse..summer...in the shade of my tree..walla..SHADETREE !. 

So once i have the box blade out on the ground, i got it hooked to the back of my tractor, drove it around to my back yard, unhooked it, drove back around to the front, hooked up to the tiller ( this is a lot heavier than the box blade ) then the rear lift would not go up ?..hmm..was looking my tractor over under the seat, trying to see any big leaks of hydro oil...yep..did see a leak !. coming from a line right next to the lift area, least its easy to get to !. i think its just a bad o-ring seal where the line attaches to the lift area ?..i hope anyway !. this does not explain why the lift would not move at all though ?, the tractor would move..but not the lift ?. anyway..finally got the lift to work, drove it around back. last but not least, make sure you know what all the levers do on your tractor ?!. i budged a lever getting on or all..and tractor would not start ?..finally figured this out..lol.

IMG_0141.JPG

• Like 5

Looking good.  What are you planning on using that tractor for?  Going to start a garden next to your shop?

6 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Looking good.  What are you planning on using that tractor for?  Going to start a garden next to your shop?

haha..no..i got a place to start a garden..just not here. and i'll use it to cut me a new pathway for a driveway at my cabin location.

• Like 1

update: i bought the trailer i was talking about, just got home with it, parked in my driveway right now still attached to my truck, i'm wore out, will get it in its place tomorrow. i'll take some pics of it tomorrow ( if i do not forget ? ), post them here.

• Like 3

had to go put a heavy duty cable on my trailer to make sure it stayed where i parked it for the night ?, decided to take a couple pic's while i was out there.

IMG_0148.JPG

IMG_0151.JPG

• Like 4

To each their own  , but I was thinking something longer and with dual axles so you'll have room for attachments and the weight will be distributed  --- I think your going to bend that tailgate up quick --- think it would be better with ramps 

8 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

To each their own  , but I was thinking something longer and with dual axles so you'll have room for attachments and the weight will be distributed  --- I think your going to bend that tailgate up quick --- think it would be better with ramps 

nope..tandum axles are very high dollar. i'm pretty sure this tail gate can handle me driving on it ?..if it bends ?,i will beef it up..another reason to use my new welder..lol. tractor is right at 1500lbs, tiller is around 400lbs, this trailer axle has a 3500lb dexter axle under it...more than enough to handle the tractor and tiller.

KUBOTA LA450S
$1,500
Listed 10 minutes ago in New Orleans, LA

Details
  • Condition
    Used - Good
My 1993 Kubota is still available for sale, priced at $1,500 It is 4x4 has 25 Hp, diesel tractor with only 450 hours. Comes with a bunch of upgrades/accessories including Kubota backhoe attachment.

Weight to GVW within specs don't mean crap when you only got one tire and it blows 

image.png.174421926c516cbc14be2417c99e05

image.png