Jump to content
shadetree

kubota B2100

Recommended Posts

Yeah, yeah, its not an atv ?!..lol. but its a nice little tractor. the hydrostat tranny was toast, its costing me an arm an leg..a few toes and fingers to hopefully fix this tranny ?, but it will be well worth it in my book. WORD OF CAUTION !..never...EVER..HAVE TO SPLIT A TRACTOR ?..IT SUCKS !..LOL. gave 2k for this kubota b2100, so far, i'm about 5k into parts and purchase price..sigh. but look on the bright side.. A BRAND NEW COMPACK TRACTOR COST OVER 14K !!!. i simply can not afford to make payments on a new tractor at all. i'd love a new one !..but the wallet says no way. anyway, here is some pics of the hydrostat damage, its not pretty to say the least !. this thing uses the same set-up as the hondamatic to operate the forward and reverse movement if anyone is interested in knowing about these things. last word from the wise owl...THERE IS NOTHING...AND I MEAN NOTHING...CHEAP ABOUT PARTS FOR THESE KUBOTA'S !!, today i had to fork out about $ 2,600.00 bucks just for tranny parts..take that to the bank !.

IMG_0113.JPG

IMG_0114.JPG

IMG_0115.JPG

IMG_0116.JPG

IMG_0117.JPG

IMG_0118.JPG

IMG_0119.JPG

IMG_0120.JPG

IMG_0121.JPG

IMG_0122.JPG

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I am proud of you , I would not want to do that job -----

 

something to think about , there is something called catistraphic hydraulic failure , some systems share the same flow supply for both hydraulic and hydrostatic systems , looks like you don't have a front boom , so no valve, hoses or cylinders there , but likely have steering cylinders , steering pump  and  a three point hitch ,  when  part of the system disintegrates , fragments / pieces travel thru the system , and get lodged here and there , in the tank , hoses , fittings , cylinders , valves  , reliefs , etc , if you rebuild the rotator group of the hydrostatic system and don't get the system totally spotless , then you could crank up after rebuilding and take the system out again , that would be  called double catastrophic failure , and that is nothing to Laugh out Loud about >> LOL , more like Cry out Loud >>  COL 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
 

I was just throwing  some mud on the wall , maybe something will stick ^^^^ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Well shade you said you would NEVER own a Honda with an ES or auto trans.  Seems after this you are all set for the Hondas....lol  Gonna be our goto autotrans guru.  That Kubota sure comes apart different than the old 450's......

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

 

i watched every video he did...noooo..i will not do what he did..did ya notice he never said what his cost was on parts ??..lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
17 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I am proud of you , I would not want to do that job -----

 

something to think about , there is something called catistraphic hydraulic failure , some systems share the same flow supply for both hydraulic and hydrostatic systems , looks like you don't have a front boom , so no valve, hoses or cylinders there , but likely have steering cylinders , steering pump  and  a three point hitch ,  when  part of the system disintegrates , fragments / pieces travel thru the system , and get lodged here and there , in the tank , hoses , fittings , cylinders , valves  , reliefs , etc , if you rebuild the rotator group of the hydrostatic system and don't get the system totally spotless , then you could crank up after rebuilding and take the system out again , that would be  called double catastrophic failure , and that is nothing to Laugh out Loud about >> LOL , more like Cry out Loud >>  COL 

yeah..i have already thought about this..i know the system is dirty..no doubt about that one bit !. i'll have to figure out a way to flush the system the best i can..i've got a good amount of money spent on new parts to fix the hydro transmissio..i surely do not want to damage it all over again !!.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I have done a few things on that model tractor , but no tranny work ,  I think I told you about that job I was involved in a while back , with my buddy that owns the flea market  , you might think about this before you put that deck back under it , remember the fuel filter relocation job I was telling you about , I am pretty sure your model is that one , it has two in line fuel filters , that come off the bottom of the tank , under the floorboard ,  that you have to drop the deck to get to , so you can do away with those filters and add a filter head outside the frame ----  and your going to hate on this one , I have also changed the run / kill solenoid and used a after market that was like $150 less than OEM , I know it is still running 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

I have done a few things on that model tractor , but no tranny work ,  I think I told you about that job I was involved in a while back , with my buddy that owns the flea market  , you might think about this before you put that deck back under it , remember the fuel filter relocation job I was telling you about , I am pretty sure your model is that one , it has two in line fuel filters , that come off the bottom of the tank , under the floorboard ,  that you have to drop the deck to get to , so you can do away with those filters and add a filter head outside the frame ----  and your going to hate on this one , I have also changed the run / kill solenoid and used a after market that was like $150 less than OEM , I know it is still running 

this tractor only has one fuel filter ( that i've noticed so far ? ) it is mounted on the right side of frame, below the engine. plastic outer bowl, inner paper filter, with a screw on cap that slides up the bowl on the outside , then attaches to the shut off valve. not sure about this run/kill solenoid switch ?, its working..so..i'll leave it alone !..lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

update: not much done on this little project today, really not much i can do until i get my tranny parts around next thurs or fri ? ( this is what the dealer told me anyway ). i did pull the hydro cooler line off the front, and all the lines from the cooler, as well as the hydro main pump, flushed all of these out nice and clean. can't drain the rear yet on the transaxle yet ?, i can't get to the drain plugs while its resting on my atv jack. more than likely most of the hydro oil all drained out when i pulled the filter plug from the main oil line on right rear side and the hydro tranny off the front of the rear..not sure ?, but i will remove the drain plugs once i get the tractor back together where i can SAFELY !..craw under the back axle..and remove the drain plugs. this tractor only has a little over 800 hrs on it, and i am debating or not..now that i have all the hydro lines disconnected...would this be a good time to go ahead..and pull the cover to access the clutch...and replace the clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, and pilot bearing ?. if i wait until its all back together..then i will have to disconnect all the hydro lines again to be able to get to the clutch bell housing..and i REALLY do not want to have to do this all over again..so..some one please tell me what YOU would do at this point ???. i have no idea what shape the clutch is in ?, as it sits..it would not move to begin with until i get the hydro tranny fixed, soo..if i'm gonna change out the clutch parts, NOW IS THE TIME TO DO IT !..LOL.

 

I know this is a boring project to some..if not most here ?, but i'm enjoying it '' some ''..just not enjoying forking out the cash..lol. my starter and alternator arrived today, but i will not be installing them anytime soon, i may end up sending the starter back..but use the alternator...as the charge dash light never went out when i got it running before i tore it down. i may have to replace the reg/rec as well ?, I DID NOT EVEN KNOW IT HAD A REG/REC UNTIL I GOT THE DASH OFF ?!..LOL. I still need engine oil, oil filter, hydro oil, air filter, hydro filter, battery, battery cable connectors, and gonna replace the fan belt..old fan belt prob would run for a bit ?, but i do not trust something that has sat out in the weather for months !. still waiting on fuel filter..shows to be here monday ?, don't really care..as that will be way down the line. coolant looks like its new ?, wont change that out..least not yet anyway. no idea on water pump ?, i never opened cap to see if coolant was flowing when i got it running ?, i will check that later after i get it all back together..LEAST I HOPE I CAN GET IT ALL BACK TOGETHER ???!..LOL. anyway..thats it for now..i'll keep this thread updated as i go..or in this case..when i get my tranny parts...so i can start to put it back together ?!..lol.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Posted (edited)

I definitely would drain/flush those drive systems. While Changing all those filters, consider reaming and flushing every line.

 

I was the money man on a solvent distillation system repair job; the pressure vessel pump kept getting fouled by biosolids. I found the outside condenser reservoir cap missing and solvent contaminated.  They replaced the solvent and kept getting contamination because they didn’t clean anything.  I didn’t like the looks of the galvanized lines either so didn’t push the reaming. had them clean the reservoir, replace the galvy with stainless, install new filters and solvent. 

 

As you mentioned safely—making sure that heavy thing is blocked up solid. 
 

You can get very long wire-handled nylon pipe brushes in different diameter sizes. Some are called beer or kegging line brushes, CPAP or feeding tube brushes 

 

Edited by Goober
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
2 hours ago, Goober said:

I definitely would drain/flush those drive systems. While Changing all those filters, consider reaming and flushing every line.

 

I was the money man on a solvent distillation system repair job; the pressure vessel pump kept getting fouled by biosolids. I found the outside condenser reservoir cap missing and solvent contaminated.  They replaced the solvent and kept getting contamination because they didn’t clean anything.  I didn’t like the looks of the galvanized lines either so didn’t push the reaming. had them clean the reservoir, replace the galvy with stainless, install new filters and solvent. 

 

As you mentioned safely—making sure that heavy thing is blocked up solid. 
 

You can get very long wire-handled nylon pipe brushes in different diameter sizes. Some are called beer or kegging line brushes, CPAP or feeding tube brushes 

 

i got the front lines all flushed very well, even took the main pump off..took it apart, washed it out as well. can't do the rear end..not until i get it back together with the frame. still need to flush the power steering pump, but won't do that until i get it mounted back in its spot ?, its still connected to the pitman arm..lol. i'll blow it out once its mounted back down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

update: got a few things back together on the front end, and got the front of the frame bolted back on, fuel tank in, hood on, all the hydro lines ready to plumb to the back once i get the rear pushed back to the frame. pulled the bell housing to inspect the clutch, right off the bat i could see black rtv sealant on the matting surface of the bell housing, clutch looks brand new ?, decided not to mess with it, but i did want to have a look at it before i got this tractor all back together...only to find out the clutch was bad ?..lol. i feel better now..knowing the clutch is in great shape. called it a day, can't do anything until my tranny parts come in next week.

IMG_0123.JPG

IMG_0124.JPG

IMG_0125.JPG

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

So where is the pic of the clutch and flywheel surfaces ? 

 

Looks like a lot was going on on the ends of those pressure plate fingers , is that heat discoloration ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

So where is the pic of the clutch and flywheel surfaces ? 

 

Looks like a lot was going on on the ends of those pressure plate fingers , is that heat discoloration ? 

i did not take the clutch apart, it looked to good of shape to tear it all apart. there was hardly any clutch dust inside the bell housing at all ?!, this told me to leave it alone !. also, the fingers were very clean.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

from what i can see of the clutch / pressure plate, i wouldn't bother it ether, but now.......if you were talking about a bigger more horse pewer machine ? i might go a head while I'm in there, those bigger machines require..... some heavy duty stands /jacks, chain hoist...... it can be a bit of a production, and some  very colorful langauge.......lol! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 

update: went to dealer this morning, purchased engine oil filter, hydro oil filter, fan belt, air filter, center 3-point hitch bar, and 5 gal of hydro oil, out the door was 239.xx. then went to interstate batteries, purchased a new battery, 500 cca, that was about 189.xx out the door. then to wally world for some rotella 15w-40 engine oil, some new battery post clamps, and a battery hold down bar, another 43.xx out the door. now i sit and wait on my tranny parts from the dealer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

You were asking me why does your hydro static transmission has a clutch , I'd think because there are gears on the tactor to shift to a different power range >>>>  read this part in that manual

 

 

Besides neutral, four kinds of power flow (from clutch shaft to 4th shaft) are available by operating the main gear shift lever to shift positions on the 30T shifter gear (3) and 17T -13T shifter gear (4) on the 4th shaft (2)

The pump and motor are joined in
a closed hydraulic loop and most of oil circulates within the main oil circuit. A little oil lubricates and oozes out from the clearance between the moving parts of the case. Then oil in the main oil circuit of the HST needs to be supplied a want. The combined oil flow from the power steering circuit and HST charge pump are flows into the HST for charging. The charge oil aids smooth operation of piston pump and motor. The charge oil passes through the .oil cooler and transmission oil filter to charge relief valve port. The rest of oil passes through the charge relief valve into the HST housing. Oil from the hydraulic cylinder and overflow oil from HST housing return to the transmission case. 3

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

You got off easy on the money today , I spent others money today , 2 Bobcat OEM ( Bridgestone) tracks  for a T750 = $4,500 ( price up about $1,200 )  and a  set of 5 filters and 3 belts for a T590 =  $420 -----  a new  seat bar for that T750 was $320 , rusted out from the inside out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

update: my parts came in today, started around 12:00 pm, just called it a night, closed shop at 9:30 pm, i'm beat !. for the life of me, i have never figured out why stuff comes apart..easier than it goes back together ??, i fought that tractor for over 2 hrs trying to get the front end attached back to the rear end...it ate my lunch !..lol. its not easy doing this work on this tractor when you are by yourself..it sucks !!..lol. now i am attaching all the hydro lines, clutch pedal, brake pedals, one piece at a time. i gotta have a look at the way the brake pedal and hydro pedals attach to all these brackets, will look at the service manual, and see what i need to do to attach them.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...