_Wilson_™

Anything big stuff related

In the second video ^^^^ , there was a small convertible looking thing with a fat guy driving at 4:35 ,  when it blew it looked like he got lifted up in the air and the steering wheel got blown off in his hands 

Yeah...... I wondered what that was, i recon the jolt was enough to unlock that steering wheel spline shaft coupling ..... I heard there was a guy track  attendant   (possibly the flag man) killed at the Louisville Farm show expo ..... When an engine poped, something from the guts of the engine struck him in the head...... That's all William Toombs (toombs brothers dairy) told me... 

41 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Sure enough a California outfit..... Spotless on the outside.... 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_GGqcUwiF7I

Heavy Duty truck >>> at first I thought old school, then looked it up and it is about a 2013  -----   looked like a automatic transmission from underneath  ? 

Sure sounded like an auto..... The engine ? Never heard one that sounded like that.... Kinda sounded like the lope some train diesels make def not an old school detriot...... Maybe a 600 cummins ? I've never seen or heard on of those, but my old friend Gus said the pistons are massive... Over 1000 CID plant... And last i heard cat doesn't put diesels in road tractors  any longer because of some type of goverment intrusion ..... Nd that figures.... Burns me up for those balless bone heads to put a foot on the cat corporation .. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

20221107_123123.jpg

For some reason my text got lost.  I saw this ship with Airbus on board written on the side heading in from the Gulf going to Mobile.   Did some Googling and found out one a month brings a boatload of airplane parts for final assembly in Mobile.   They build Airbus A320 airliners there for the US market. 

• Like 3

Queen Mary 2, in 2006, biggest ship at the time, then a few others in the past few years.

qm2.jpg

qm 4.jpg

qm 5.jpg

• Like 2

This guy is right on the money,do away will all that crap..... Can't believe all those fault codes and worn suspension on a rig with less then 100.000 miles (track bar bushings) (introducing the new disposable peterbuilt line) WTF! 

Here's your serious outfit for grilling.... Is everything bigger in Texas ?! I believe  this answers that question.... In the grilling / cooking department....my buddy Richard would flip over that cooker.... Nice touch adding that crnter mount auxiliary air axle... 

image.jpg

• Like 1

Nope...... Not even right for a possible future road warrior flick.... No way I'd even waist a few secs looking it over...that's ugly enough to cause bad dreams.... Lol! 

image.jpg

Now this is beauti..... I just wish people would stop tilting the whips forward.... It does nothing to improve radio tx or rx... But could cause the swr to be off.... Another beauti... Black top... Like the color (shade) of green.... See a few things that need attention.. One moon cover n a couple lug caps on the front right... I'd like to have a better focused pic of that one... 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

image.jpg.18bc45cbfbe87c8a5cc99d1ced8da012.jpgHi Wilson -- 

image.jpg.18bc45cbfbe87c8a5cc99d1ced8da012.jpg

Edited by Melatv
  • Like 2

Hiya Mel ! ..... Can't veiw that post... No worries the issues on my end.. Watcha post ? I see fish likes it, so safe to say i will. 

This one..... Flashy....we have a couple guys that drive these type rigs, but I'm not fam with the shape of that dump trailer.... Fish ? Oh snd another thing that got my eye .... (Might not even be worth mentioning) and i wish i had a better side shot, but the quarter flaps (between the front tandem / rear of the fuel tank) the two trucks I've seen here both Pete day cabs .... Ones maroon over black the other is matalic green over black ... All the slicks alumny pertz.... Both trailers bout the same as these pics... No idea what they haul, sept a-- lol! .... 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

We have the same trucks here (not painted up like those) they haul gravel -- they have a conveyor belt bottom for unloading.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

This one..... Flashy....we have a couple guys that drive these type rigs, but I'm not fam with the shape of that dump trailer.... Fish ? Oh snd another thing that got my eye .... (Might not even be worth mentioning) and i wish i had a better side shot, but the quarter flaps (between the front tandem / rear of the fuel tank) the two trucks I've seen here both Pete day cabs .... Ones maroon over black the other is matalic green over black ... All the slicks alumny pertz.... Both trailers bout the same as these pics... No idea what they haul, sept a-- lol! .... 

image.jpg

I see rounded bottom trailer beds used with trucks for moving demolition concrete rubble , the round bottom lets the load slide out easier and not get hung  up from what they say 

• Thanks 1

On 7/24/2023 at 9:37 AM, Fishfiles said:

image.png

This looks like it could be the Daddy of "The Car" 🤔

• Haha 1

Dang sure does, Atc... I been thinking kind the same but drew a blank at what other vehicle it reminded me of.... It Also reminds me of the short wheel job in the movie desperado ia chevy .... 1947....When i looked that up says chevy advance design 1947... 

• Like 1

Jiffy Lube for locomotives! This locomotive take a 36” oil filter and 80 gallons of SAE 40! Not a cheap oil change but regularly scheduled maintenance like this keeps a 76 year old locomotive running

image.png