Wormy

1986 Honda 250 Fourtrax

Wanting to get some advise from everyone. Had a guy approach me this morning and he has a 1986 Honda 250 Fourtrax 2x4 that was his grandfathers and wants to sell it to me so that he can get a roll cage for his new rzr. He said that it has no issues, clean, and has been garage kept. I have not seen pictures of it but he is going to clean it up this evening and send me some pictures. What is a good deal on this unit? I know condition plays a big part in this but what is a good ball park for one of these?

Well the rear end is probably $300-400 tops for someone looking for one for a TRX300.

They seem to normally bring $800-1000 around here in running shape, but they're usually roughish.  If you find one in mint condition considerably more.  I'd say if it runs/drives/doesn't smoke and you can get it for $500 or less it'd be a bargain.

• Like 1

Who told you 800 ? If i might ask ?  LJ might give you something for it...... but he's (most likely)  going to advise you to stay clear because parts are extremely hard to locate.... Most people round here don't do builds like the guys here in the forums do.... That's who I'd talk to, n stay clear of that goober head in columbia .... >>Cycle athority<<

57 minutes ago, Wormy said:

I was told that I can get it for $800 @jeepwm69

Are you buying it to use or flip?

If using it, and it's in great shape, not a bad buy.  If buying to flip I'd probably pass unless it's in exceptional condition.

I bought one that ran great but had iffy looking fenders.  Got $800 for it but it took me a while to get rid of it, and the market has softened considerably since I sold that one.

Of course, location makes a difference too but I doubt where you are is much different than where I am.

I think @_Wilson_™ might be interested in one if he could find a nice one.

• Like 1

LOL, posted that right after Jay did.

The front end components are pricey to fix, and good parts, especially fenders etc are hard to come by.

• Like 1

If it's a 250a .... It better be in super nice shape before I'd even think about it.... Lol! Lets see pics...

Don't part it out.... See what he'll take... If he doesn't know those rear end are golden.... Then don't let him know... Just see what he'll take... I'd say above $500 ... I see the left rear fender is pop rivited..one place and bolted in another ??  I'll tell you.. If it's got glue or adhesive holding those black diamond tread pads / gaurds on... I'd be curious at to if any damage from the adhesive accurred to the plastic underneath ... Hondaline front bumper... Too bad it's kinked.. Headlight grill is also hondaline.. Does he have anything else that goes with it (accesories) ?? If you could low ball it... I'd keep it i was you... It's not a bad looking machine at all.... Rather nice for it's age...thank you for the pics... Also look st the grips... Those are like looking at used tractors drawbar hole... Good sign at the machines life.. 

I ran one I got for my g/f in the 90s, not a bad little runner, but not much on top speed. 

That's one thing about my old 85.... Nothing much to brag on.... (Dairy farm specail) Stock tire size.. But she'd eat a stock 300 4wd alive on top speed... No idea how fast.....